Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Silthir
09.07.2012 , 11:49 AM | #1161
Quote: Originally Posted by Luhrsen View Post
Well that's enough for me. A year past and nothing has been done yet so I've gotta unsub. It just costs too much when I'm not even playing for lack of interest as far as the romances go. The story is the whole reason I joined this one over Galaxies but the missing choices just grate on me whenever I try to play. Maybe I'll come back if they fix it after all like they promised so long ago. And I have a few days left to just watch and see before I go somewhere else for my entertainment.
You can't choose this over Galaxies... Galaxies no longer exists... it stopped existing when TOR came into being. xP And it hasn't been a full year... besides... they're working on new content now... an "expansion" of sorts which MAY or MAY NOT include SGRAs....
The Danakar Legacy

Uluain
09.07.2012 , 12:18 PM | #1162
I've received another indication that when Allison said that nothing has changed, we are to infer that until we hear otherwise, the information we have is still to be taken as current. This from Joveth Gonzalez, who is our current Community Manager - the Big Cheese as far as the SWTOR Community goes:

Quote: Originally Posted by Joveth Gonzalez
Hi Uliain,

We recently received a CS ticket regarding your experience in our community forums. First, allow me to introduce myself: my name is Joveth Gonzalez and I’m the community manager for SWTOR.

We know that same gender romance arcs are an important topic for folks, so we try to direct all conversations about it to one thread in order for us to be able to keep an eye on it and moderate it as needed using our limited resources. We know that SGRA can be a sensitive topic, so we make sure to action any community members that violate our forum policies via hate speech and the like. Keep in mind that we consolidate and redirect ANY threads that are redundant or talk about the same topic, as it is a forum-wide policy of ours.

Please know that we’re definitely keeping up with all of the comments in that thread. Unfortunately, as Allison has said in the past in response to this issue, we do not have any new information since Daniel Erickson’s comments from the Guild Summit back in March. As soon as we have any sort of update, we will immediately let that thread know.

Thank you for your active participation in our community. We know that at times, it can seem frustrating when we do not have new information to share, but rest assured that when we do, that thread will be one of the first places that we’ll update.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!
Again, this is from a personal message to me, this time via email. But I want to point out that Joveth specifically mentions Daniel Erickson's comments from the Guild Summit, which is where we were told that we could expect SGRs this year. Now, time-frame on game content is notoriously fluid, but they know we know what was said.

If Allison is saying nothing has changed in regards to SGRA, and Joveth is going out of his way to mention the Guild Summit, I really hope that lays to rest the "Not gonna happen" crowd, and am hopeful that "this year" is still the target window they are shooting for.

I do find it odd that we're getting this indirectly, which is what my ticket was about. Also it's unfortunate I had to go to such an extreme to get this clarified to this extent. But there's our answer as to where things stand.

Wispr
09.07.2012 , 12:54 PM | #1163
Makes me feel a whole lot more positive on the matter and I think it's a heck of an improvement over the silence in the past.

JovethGonzalez
09.07.2012 , 02:14 PM | #1164 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi folks, I'm here to give a quick update to this issue. It's not much, but we actually do not have any new information to share with you at this time. Should that change, I'll be more than happy to update this thread!

Thanks for your patience and thank you for supporting the game! As I mentioned in the email to Uluain, we really do appreciate your discussions on here and we are definitely keeping tabs.

MTFBWY

Tatile
09.07.2012 , 02:20 PM | #1165
Holy crap they figured out the reply button. Hello Mr. Gonzalez.

Edit: And it does show up in the Developer Tracker, they must have locked the meddling suits up in a cupboard somewhere.

Uluain
09.07.2012 , 02:28 PM | #1166
Thank you, Joveth. I was getting tired of updating my sig every day.

I'll be good now. For at least another six months.

Enderet
09.07.2012 , 02:29 PM | #1167
interesting

Tatile
09.07.2012 , 02:41 PM | #1168
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
Thank you, Joveth. I was getting tired of updating my sig every day.

I'll be good now. For at least another six months.
I'll be honest, Uluain, I always wondered if the Guild Summit announcement referred to "this year" as being the year of 2012 (January to December) or being a twelve month period starting at some as-of-yet unannounced point. One has the potential to disappoint us in December and the other has the ability to keep us in suspended disappointment, with jam every other day.

Uluain
09.07.2012 , 04:19 PM | #1169
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
I'll be honest, Uluain, I always wondered if the Guild Summit announcement referred to "this year" as being the year of 2012 (January to December) or being a twelve month period starting at some as-of-yet unannounced point. One has the potential to disappoint us in December and the other has the ability to keep us in suspended disappointment, with jam every other day.
From the context, I always thought they meant 2012. But if it takes until next March to do it right, I'd prefer that to something rushed. If they do overshoot the target date, however, I will feel a substantive update taking on some of our longstanding, still unanswered questions would be opportune. My most optimistic guess is that this could come with Makeb, but we'll see.

That said, knowing that we still know what we know, I'll try to collate what's still up in the air so we can string it up again and beat it like a piñata until candy comes out.

Tatile
09.07.2012 , 04:24 PM | #1170
Makeb+Flirt with Hesker=Happy Agent :3

But then I just want General Hesker to be a Flirt option anyway.