Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The Dwindling Dev Tracker

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
08.29.2012 , 01:13 PM | #61
What the hell? Why would they do that? I cannot think of another place that has every named-person Bioware post catalogued like that. There was useful information in the Developer Tracker. If they're going to keep deleting links to keep the Dev Tracker on one page, that defeats the entire point.

Damn it. I swear they're doing this on purpose now. *grumble mutter*

iamthehoyden's Avatar


iamthehoyden
08.29.2012 , 01:16 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
What the hell? Why would they do that? I cannot think of another place that has every named-person Bioware post catalogued like that. There was useful information in the Developer Tracker. If they're going to keep deleting links to keep the Dev Tracker on one page, that defeats the entire point.

Damn it. I swear they're doing this on purpose now. *grumble mutter*
I figured that maybe, MAYBE it was because you could search for all the staff posts through the search function. Thus far, I haven't found a way to do that. I HATE that a game I like so much has such untrustworthy people running it. I mean really REALLY dislike it.

And please, community team, if you have a good reason, let me know. I'm all ears.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

AllisonBerryman's Avatar


AllisonBerryman
08.29.2012 , 01:20 PM | #63 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
You know, I was starting to wonder if I should maintain this list or not, but then I noticed today that the Dev Tracker has 1 page. Everything else has been deleted.
We haven't deleted anything from the dev tracker - I believe that, occasionally, when the dev tracker pulls posts, there is a time period during which you'll see less pages than are actually there. This should be resolved shortly (and if it isn't, there may be a bug we're unaware of). I'll keep an eye out and make sure something unintended isn't going on.

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
08.29.2012 , 01:24 PM | #64
Thank you Ms. Berryman, I was unaware that the Dev Tracker had such an interesting... feature. While you are here, it would be interesting to have your views on Hoyden's work compiling this list and how you think the numbers actually reflect your promise to increase communication.

Kubernetic's Avatar


Kubernetic
08.29.2012 , 01:24 PM | #65
This thread appears to have run its course.

I'm just fine with the frequency of dev tracker posts. It would be nice if the previous posts could be reviewed on multiple pages, but apparently there is an issue there that they are looking into.

Otherwise, seems like the devs are around enough.
Tekay —— En-ki —— Tékay —— Hassle —— Jaksen
Explorer (80%) • Killer (53%) • Socializer (47%) • Achiever (20%)
Excited Star Citizen — But ready to resubscribe when and if...

Tuscad's Avatar


Tuscad
08.29.2012 , 01:27 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
August 8 - 31 posts, 2 housekeeping = 29
August 9 - 15 posts, 1 housekeeping = 14
August 10 - 13 posts, 2 housekeeping = 11
August 11 & 12 - weekend
August 13 - 17 posts, 2 housekeeping = 15
August 14 - 9 posts, 1 housekeeping = 8
August 15 - 8 posts, 2 housekeeping = 6
August 16 - 8 posts, 3 housekeeping = 5
August 17 - 4 posts, 1 housekeeping = 3
August 18 & 19 - weekend
August 20 - 2 posts, 0 housekeeping = 2
August 21 - 9 posts, 1 housekeeping = 8
August 22 - 9 posts, 2 housekeeping = 7
August 23 - 6 posts, 0 housekeeping = 6
August 24 - 2 posts, 0 housekeeping = 2
August 25 & 26 - weekend
August 27 - 6 posts, 0 housekeeping = 6
August 28 - 8 posts, 1 housekeeping = 7
August 29 - 3 (so far)

You know, I was starting to wonder if I should maintain this list or not, but then I noticed today that the Dev Tracker has 1 page. Everything else has been deleted. Lovely. Now why on earth would you get rid of the record of your responses? Is there a good reason?? Cause if there is, I'd like to hear it.

Yes, I believe I'll be keeping this record.
I noticed either yesterday or the day before that the dev tracker was only 3 pages long...

Edit: Nvm saw Allison's post
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

AllisonBerryman's Avatar


AllisonBerryman
08.29.2012 , 01:29 PM | #67 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Thank you Ms. Berryman, I was unaware that the Dev Tracker had such an interesting... feature. While you are here, it would be interesting to have your views on Hoyden's work compiling this list and how you think the numbers actually reflect your promise to increase communication.
The forums are one part of our plans, and so far we've definitely been increasing efforts to get responses to questions we see on the forums that we're able to answer. There are still questions that are important to the community that we do not have answers for yet, but, just like we've done with the forums, we're making efforts to get answers to those questions through, and we're making strong efforts internally to continue to escalate feedback and concerns from the community. You'll continue to see answers to questions on the forums, and we have more to come.

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
08.29.2012 , 01:30 PM | #68
I think it should still be kept up to date. Bioware apparently has a love affair with statistics - if we can keep a record of their official, named replies we can use it in the future. The Community Team has promised an increase in communication, this in part could help to make sure that stays a reality.

Actually, Ms. Berryman, may I ask you another question? Why is that no named Bioware representatives ever post in your Official SGRA Discussion thread? It's been theorized that Bioware is afraid of having the SGRA thread pop into the Developer Tracker.

iamthehoyden's Avatar


iamthehoyden
08.29.2012 , 01:40 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
We haven't deleted anything from the dev tracker - I believe that, occasionally, when the dev tracker pulls posts, there is a time period during which you'll see less pages than are actually there. This should be resolved shortly (and if it isn't, there may be a bug we're unaware of). I'll keep an eye out and make sure something unintended isn't going on.
Thank you for your response. I can't say I've been pleased with the amount of communication, but I am glad that the tracker isn't been whitewashed for some reason.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

iamthehoyden's Avatar


iamthehoyden
08.29.2012 , 01:43 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Kubernetic View Post
This thread appears to have run its course.

I'm just fine with the frequency of dev tracker posts. It would be nice if the previous posts could be reviewed on multiple pages, but apparently there is an issue there that they are looking into.

Otherwise, seems like the devs are around enough.
It's quite nice that you're content with this level of communication. I am not. As such, I will advocate for increased levels until I am either satisfied with it or am so frustrated that I give up this game that I enjoy so much. The fact that you are easily pacified is not my concern.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box