Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Dwindling Dev Tracker

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

iamthehoyden
08.20.2012 , 04:49 PM | #1
So, in a fit of curiosity, I decided to see if it was my imagination or if the communication levels had, indeed, slacked off.

August 8th - We get the "new and improved communication era" and 31 dev/community team posts on the Dev Tracker. Of those, two are what I'd consider housekeeping posts (maintenance, Q&A, servers are back up, reposting announcements from the main page). So that's 29 posts of some sort of substance.

August 8 - 31 posts, 2 housekeeping = 29
August 9 - 15 posts, 1 housekeeping = 14
August 10 - 13 posts, 2 housekeeping = 11
August 11 & 12 - weekend
August 13 - 17 posts, 2 housekeeping = 15
August 14 - 9 posts, 1 housekeeping = 8
August 15 - 8 posts, 2 housekeeping = 6
August 16 - 8 posts, 3 housekeeping = 5
August 17 - 4 posts, 1 housekeeping = 3
August 18 & 19 - weekend
August 20 = 2 posts, 0 housekeeping = 2

In 9 days we've gone from 29 posts per day to 2. Two. Color me not impressed with the stamina of the "new and improved communication."

Look, I'm not even counting the number of "we have no new information, please check back later" responses. I'm just counting the number of posts total. If you want us to have confidence in your willingness to communicate then promises need to be backed up by actions.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Styxx
08.20.2012 , 05:12 PM | #2
I think they restructured the posts too. They were taking too much room in the new restructured smaller Bioware Austin.

I think I know what`s next = make the Boards 100x100 and sell them as online stamps.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello View Post
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

MrSchmo
08.20.2012 , 05:21 PM | #3
If I stopped posting in the forums, does that mean I'm not working? No. Infact it probably means I'm working more.
That's why they call it space, cause there is so much of it.

CorellianWannabe
08.20.2012 , 05:26 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MrSchmo View Post
If I stopped posting in the forums, does that mean I'm not working? No. Infact it probably means I'm working more.
Even if your job involves interacting with the fora?

iamthehoyden
08.20.2012 , 05:28 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MrSchmo View Post
I don't have any idea what they're doing when they're not on the boards posting. That isn't my point. My point is that they said they'd communicate more, and we're seeing a serious drop-off of communication. Promises mean very little when they're not backed up by actions, in this case visible communication to the community.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

LrdRahvin
08.20.2012 , 05:29 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
So, in a fit of curiosity, I decided to see if it was my imagination or if the communication levels had, indeed, slacked off.

August 8th - We get the "new and improved communication era" and 31 dev/community team posts on the Dev Tracker. Of those, two are what I'd consider housekeeping posts (maintenance, Q&A, servers are back up, reposting announcements from the main page). So that's 29 posts of some sort of substance.

August 8 - 31 posts, 2 housekeeping = 29
August 9 - 15 posts, 1 housekeeping = 14
August 10 - 13 posts, 2 housekeeping = 11
August 11 & 12 - weekend
August 13 - 17 posts, 2 housekeeping = 15
August 14 - 9 posts, 1 housekeeping = 8
August 15 - 8 posts, 2 housekeeping = 6
August 16 - 8 posts, 3 housekeeping = 5
August 17 - 4 posts, 1 housekeeping = 3
August 18 & 19 - weekend
August 20 = 2 posts, 0 housekeeping = 2

In 9 days we've gone from 29 posts per day to 2. Two. Color me not impressed with the stamina of the "new and improved communication."

Look, I'm not even counting the number of "we have no new information, please check back later" responses. I'm just counting the number of posts total. If you want us to have confidence in your willingness to communicate then promises need to be backed up by actions.
The EXACT SAME thing happened around May-ish during the last round of big layoffs/communication revamp (when Reid got canned)...Joveth made all kinds of promises about a new era of customer relations...NONE of which were actually followed through on...

Same old, same old...the saying about fooling me once...etc. comes to mind here

Azoetia
08.20.2012 , 05:34 PM | #7
I'm sure the community team find it tedious to type, "We know you're excited about [critical make-or-break issue] and we have no news about that right now, but we will let you know as soon as something develops," 50 times in a row and would like a break. After all, they weren't saying anything then, just as they aren't now.

CorellianWannabe
08.20.2012 , 05:36 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Azoetia View Post
I'm sure the community team find it tedious to type, "We know you're excited about [critical make-or-break issue] and we have no news about that right now, but we will let you know as soon as something develops," 50 times in a row and would like a break. After all, they weren't saying anything then, just as they aren't now.
You'd think they could make a macro..

Dacce
08.20.2012 , 05:42 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by CorellianWannabe View Post
You'd think they could make a macro..
They don't allow macro's in ToR hohoho
Visage - Dace - Fat'Clam - Fistula - Shimini - Malikada

Tatile
08.20.2012 , 05:46 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Azoetia View Post
I thought they had a NotePad document open on their desktop and just copy pasta'd it in.

If the above is true (drop off in communication coming before redundancies) are we going to see this become worse? Sometimes it also feels like the forum moderation team and communication team don't talk to each other... or the developers, game support...

It would be nice if they could revisit the Guild Summit talk, make a list and say "no" to whatever items they're no longer bringing in, so we can stop waiting for them.