Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maruader/Sentinel Classes are still overpowered.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Maruader/Sentinel Classes are still overpowered.

foxmob
08.12.2012 , 01:44 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by MrNoRubber View Post
The reason people complain so much is usually because they are the players that only pvp and thats all they do, if thats all i did, i wouldve quit this game along time ago, your only playing 25% of this game,.
actually....I only pvp all the time because I did everything else in the game months ago. pvp is the only thing that changes in the slightest, thanks to human opponents' unpredictability. I mean...I *could* level a 5th 50 and cut through the stale operations again...but...well...let's be honest, pvp may not be the selling point for this game, but it's far less monotonous than the pve.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjšck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Dežnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

Dawginole
08.12.2012 , 01:45 PM | #22
LOL at these "I just got facerolled in PvP and am mad and came to the forums to demand swift action to make me better at my class through downgrades to my better competition and upgrades to my own class that I'm still learning how to play" posts.

Sentinels and Marauders drink your tears. They taste so, so good.

Aricori
08.12.2012 , 04:09 PM | #23
Thanks for the heads up OP. I was just going to head into PvP under the impression that some class was not OP and this just helped verify that some class has an advantage and I need to ask for the nerf to have fun. Instead of actually honing my skills, I will simply just whine about it with you.

Goretzu
08.13.2012 , 03:24 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Yep.

And to add to that, don't PvP 1v1 and then come complain about it on the forums. If you simply must do so, then do so in the PvP forum. This thread has no business in general forum.
That's a bit misleading. Whilst perfect 1 on 1 balance is difficult, some close to it has been achieved in MMORPGs, and ironcially it open goes hand in hand with PvE balance.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Xerain
08.16.2012 , 11:13 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
Their DPS is fine, however their point defense/surviablity (through their CDs) is way too high.
I'm sick of seeing this... "Their damage is fine it's their ability to survive that op'ed!" You do know if someones dead they're not doing damage right? So if we die before we get a kill or actually do some damage oh boom we're less effective then.

Sanen
08.16.2012 , 08:22 PM | #26
its not that are op cuz really they not its just that some of the other dps classes havent been buffed to even come close to their dps. Also u have to look at the dps specs too cuz not every spec of a maruader/sentinel pushes high dps. Like and assassin/shadow, the infltraiton and deception specs dont do good substained dps but madness/balance does pull ahead more than the other specs of the class. But honestly dps classes/specs that are low in dps need a little change in ther dps to make them more worth playing and worth bringing to ops and rwzs.
Greyman legacy-Fatman server
50 Deception Assassin Arcalas
50 Concealment Operative Lice
The mind is a great tool we all have. Don't waste it.

OldRepublicRevan
08.28.2012 , 01:49 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Aldael View Post
Actually, if you think 5 seconds is too longer, maybe you have troubles in other aspects of your life.
I lol'd @ 5 seconds. More like 5 full minutes.

OldRepublicRevan
08.28.2012 , 01:50 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Sanen View Post
its not that are op cuz really they not its just that some of the other dps classes havent been buffed to even come close to their dps. Also u have to look at the dps specs too cuz not every spec of a maruader/sentinel pushes high dps. Like and assassin/shadow, the infltraiton and deception specs dont do good substained dps but madness/balance does pull ahead more than the other specs of the class. But honestly dps classes/specs that are low in dps need a little change in ther dps to make them more worth playing and worth bringing to ops and rwzs.
So says the guy rolling on a melee dps. Typically relentlessly defending their overpowered class so nothing will change. Go roll on a class less noobish.

Karkais
08.28.2012 , 01:53 AM | #29
And will be in 2022

>_>

/sarcasm
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur

AGSThomas
08.28.2012 , 10:49 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Dawginole View Post
LOL at these "I just got facerolled in PvP and am mad and came to the forums to demand swift action to make me better at my class through downgrades to my better competition and upgrades to my own class that I'm still learning how to play" posts.

Sentinels and Marauders drink your tears. They taste so, so good.
I like these Mara/Sent players talking about drinking tears. When they themselves will be the first ones to drink thier own tears if they get nerfed. Not saying its going to happen, but its very hard to play an OP class! (by OP I mean in 1v1 there are only 2 Adv Classes that have a prayer at killing a skilled Mara/Sent)
MedÔvh - Deception Assassin (PvP DPS)
DÔomedes - Vengeance Juggernaut (PvP DPS)
Server: 5 Prophecies