Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Lost Island HM should have better loot.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Karasuko's Avatar


Karasuko
08.12.2012 , 05:36 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Rerkk View Post
not calling for a nerf on the flashpoint, its fine other than the loot in my opinion.

My guild and i finally got through lost island up to the last boss before calling it due to time. and we all realized after downing the first 2 bosses (sentinal droid and the Sav-rak) that the loot in that flashpoint is kinda pointless because we are all already full columi with rakata implants and ear as usual and we didnt benefit from any of the boss fights except for the satisfaction of beating them. yes, i know Lorrick drops the columi mainhand and the rakata chest, but that is still barely an upgrade.

my point: Since Lost island HM is easily the hardest flashpoint out there at this time, it should have better drops than just tionese crystals/comms and the more common of the columi drops (pants, boots). I loved doing this flashpoint, it was alot of fun for my team, but we felt the drops were under par due to the fact the majortiy of everyone that does this FP is in full columi if not better.

Great job BioWare on making a challenging and fun Flashpoint, but could use some better loot.

Thanks for reading, just speakin my thoughts.
Heres the problem.
Its a 25 min run on alts, Upgrading more of the loot would result in Zero Ev/KP Hm's being run which is bad for joe blogs pugger. I know sux2bthem.
Theres other ways to incentivise something than throwing better loot into it..

grallmate's Avatar


grallmate
08.12.2012 , 08:10 PM | #22
Rakghoul weekly, Aratech Ice speeder and Rakata chest are all really good incentives to complete it at least once.

There is plenty of reward for beating it. After finishing it once you get 8 BH comms a week for completing it each week, that is awesome for 20-30 minutes effort.

You want more rewards as an incentive for people to actually beat it once. Most people that have beaten it once will agree the loot is fine. Even (perhaps especially) on subsequent runs.

AllisonBerryman's Avatar


AllisonBerryman
08.13.2012 , 03:26 PM | #23 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
I talked with Jesse Sky (Lead Flashpoints and Operations Designer) about the difficulty of Lost Island and its rewards, and he shared his insight about these questions.

He mentioned that Lost Island is balanced very tightly for a group in Tionese-quality gear, but that because the boss mechanics are heavily execution-based, many players prefer to overgear for it. Small mistakes can easily wipe the group, so bringing Ops level gear is great insurance, even if it isn't required. The loot quality reflects this - players who take the risk of going in with Tionese and Columi gear will be rewarded. Players with Ops level gear are likely there for the Black Hole Commendations right now.

That's not to say that we won't be re-examining gear progression going forward. It just happened that when Lost Island was released (1.2), it made sense to us to offer new players and alternate route to the Rakata chest and Columi main hand while infusing the weekly Flashpoint missions with a bit more challenge for players who had geared past most Flashpoints.

TheNegotiator's Avatar


TheNegotiator
08.13.2012 , 03:55 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
I talked with Jesse Sky (Lead Flashpoints and Operations Designer) about the difficulty of Lost Island and its rewards, and he shared his insight about these questions.

He mentioned that Lost Island is balanced very tightly for a group in Tionese-quality gear, but that because the boss mechanics are heavily execution-based, many players prefer to overgear for it. Small mistakes can easily wipe the group, so bringing Ops level gear is great insurance, even if it isn't required. The loot quality reflects this - players who take the risk of going in with Tionese and Columi gear will be rewarded. Players with Ops level gear are likely there for the Black Hole Commendations right now.
I don't see any Tionese tanks surviving the last fight with Lokin too well (tank is gonna eat some satchels), so I don't agree the mission is designed for that level of gear. This mission is listed as a Hard level 2, so theoretically everybody will be in full Columi before they walk in. If the mobs dropped Rakata-level amoring, mods, and enhancements the loot would be better balanced.

Chef_BoyRUdead's Avatar


Chef_BoyRUdead
08.13.2012 , 04:00 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
He mentioned that Lost Island is balanced very tightly for a group in Tionese-quality gear, but that because the boss mechanics are heavily execution-based, many players prefer to overgear for it. Small mistakes can easily wipe the group, so bringing Ops level gear is great insurance, even if it isn't required.
Doing this in a group only wearing Tionese?

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

alifaraaz's Avatar


alifaraaz
08.13.2012 , 04:06 PM | #26
Nice to finally see a response on this
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

bbare's Avatar


bbare
08.13.2012 , 04:08 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNegotiator View Post
I don't see any Tionese tanks surviving the last fight with Lokin too well (tank is gonna eat some satchels), so I don't agree the mission is designed for that level of gear. This mission is listed as a Hard level 2, so theoretically everybody will be in full Columi before they walk in. If the mobs dropped Rakata-level amoring, mods, and enhancements the loot would be better balanced.
A good tank should get less than 2 satchel charges. They are very easy to dodge. If the mobs dropped Rakata-level armoring, mods, and enhancements it would make everything but EC obsolete.

Gronkaarr's Avatar


Gronkaarr
08.13.2012 , 04:08 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Chef_BoyRUdead View Post
Doing this in a group only wearing Tionese?

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED
do it in a group in full recruit gear

DiLune's Avatar


DiLune
08.13.2012 , 04:28 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by bbare View Post
A good tank should get less than 2 satchel charges. They are very easy to dodge. If the mobs dropped Rakata-level armoring, mods, and enhancements it would make everything but EC obsolete.
LoS kite around the Kolto tanks and never get a single one.

VulcanLogic's Avatar


VulcanLogic
08.13.2012 , 04:35 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNegotiator View Post
I don't see any Tionese tanks surviving the last fight with Lokin too well (tank is gonna eat some satchels), so I don't agree the mission is designed for that level of gear. This mission is listed as a Hard level 2, so theoretically everybody will be in full Columi before they walk in. If the mobs dropped Rakata-level amoring, mods, and enhancements the loot would be better balanced.
Did it on my Jugg in full recruit the day he turned 50. Granted the rest of the group was in better gear, but it's not impossible to do.
Yo. Droid companions need an operations vendor, too. My extra coms have to go somewhere, and I'd prefer SCORPIO to Kaliyo.