Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Companion Character and Mob Clipping

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Companion Character and Mob Clipping
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CelticMarauder's Avatar


CelticMarauder
08.10.2012 , 08:09 PM | #1
Over the past few weeks, companion characters and mobs have occasionally either disappeared or clipped underground. This is a minor annoyance with companions, as all I have to do is dismiss and resummon them. It's a little more difficult when mobs clip underground, because they are not affected by the line of sight rules, therefore allowing them to attack me without me being able to see, target, or attack them. I reported this as a bug in-game using the help system. Has anyone else encountered this?
Target the Reavers. Target the Reavers. Target Everyone! SOMEBODY FIRE! - The Operative
Life's full of disappointments roly-poly. - Smuggler to a hutt.
We have intelligence that suggests that Hitler is plotting with the Legion of Doom to assassinate Jesus...using the lake as a base. - Lois Griffin

Mandrath's Avatar


Mandrath
08.10.2012 , 08:15 PM | #2
I've seen it very rarely and what I normally do to solve the problem is run out of range so they reset to their normal position. This can sometimes be a pain since they won't reset until they kill your companion.
Watch your back...Life is out to kill you!

Sutii's Avatar


Sutii
08.10.2012 , 08:37 PM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello CelticMarauder & Mandrath,

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to bring this issue to our attention and submit a bug report via the in-game Help Center. Please note, that we take all reports very seriously, though each investigation can take some considerable time to be completed.

Unfortunately we are unable to provide further updates on the current status of such reported issues, but recommend checking future patch notes, which can be found here, for any up to date information.

Additionally you can monitor the Public Test Server for potential upcoming fixes and changes, the patch notes for the Public Test Server can normally be found stickied within the Public Test Server Forum. Please note that the Public Test Server Patch Notes are not final, and can be subject to change.

Should you encounter further instances of this issue occurring, please do not hesitate to submit a bug report. For a reminder, or more information, on how to submit a bug report, please see the spoiler below:

Spoiler
We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

CelticMarauder's Avatar


CelticMarauder
08.10.2012 , 09:48 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Mandrath View Post
I've seen it very rarely and what I normally do to solve the problem is run out of range so they reset to their normal position. This can sometimes be a pain since they won't reset until they kill your companion.
You're lucky then. Or maybe I'm just unlucky, depending on how many other people have this bug. This usually happens at least a few times every time I play.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sutii
Hello CelticMarauder & Mandrath,

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to bring this issue to our attention and submit a bug report via the in-game Help Center. Please note, that we take all reports very seriously, though each investigation can take some considerable time to be completed.

Unfortunately we are unable to provide further updates on the current status of such reported issues, but recommend checking future patch notes, which can be found here, for any up to date information.

Additionally you can monitor the Public Test Server for potential upcoming fixes and changes, the patch notes for the Public Test Server can normally be found stickied within the Public Test Server Forum. Please note that the Public Test Server Patch Notes are not final, and can be subject to change.
Thank you for the quick response. I just hope it's considered significant enough to fix fairly soon.
Target the Reavers. Target the Reavers. Target Everyone! SOMEBODY FIRE! - The Operative
Life's full of disappointments roly-poly. - Smuggler to a hutt.
We have intelligence that suggests that Hitler is plotting with the Legion of Doom to assassinate Jesus...using the lake as a base. - Lois Griffin

Shinzakura's Avatar


Shinzakura
10.20.2012 , 11:03 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by CelticMarauder View Post
You're lucky then. Or maybe I'm just unlucky, depending on how many other people have this bug. This usually happens at least a few times every time I play.
Yeah, this needs to be fixed. This is occurring more and more as I'm playing. At one point, there I had an entire "battle" where both mobs AND companion character were clipped below (I "won", I think.)

Darkun's Avatar


Darkun
01.18.2013 , 12:31 AM | #6
I am glad to see the devs have done nothing to fix this in the 5 months since this has started. Well we did get that form letter which is basically a huge middle finger to those who pay each month to play. I have submitted bugs and no replay yet. But they have plenty of time to come out with an expansion.