Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Han solo vs Boba Fett


Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
08.02.2012 , 07:33 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
And a world-class BH doesn't?

I'm not a Boba fanboy, in fact I don't know much about him. But I do know that he was one of the greatest BH's of all time. And thats gotta mean something in a quick-drawing fight.
No doubt Boba probably has a good draw, you see this in ROTJ with Jabba and them. However am giving it to Han, being that its his thing and its the only thing he has going for him and that he can perfect on whereas Boba has all this gear and tech with him that puts him at a big advantage.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aximand's Avatar


Aximand
08.02.2012 , 08:22 PM | #12
This has actually already been settled in Canon. They had blasters to each other's head in one book (can't remember which) and they decided that this endless fighting of each other was pointless, since Han's bounty wasn't even active anymore and Boba taking him to Jabba had been undone by Leia and Luke, they called a truce and decided to end it.

Of course Karen Traviss had to reignite the feud to some extent.
I'm not mean, you're just a sissy.
The Orange Pixel is the REAL Sith Emperor
I don't need luck, I've got ammo - Urdnot Grunt
Remember 4/22/2011. A day that shall live in infamy.

TheBentOne's Avatar


TheBentOne
08.02.2012 , 08:39 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Aximand View Post
This has actually already been settled in Canon. They had blasters to each other's head in one book (can't remember which) and they decided that this endless fighting of each other was pointless, since Han's bounty wasn't even active anymore and Boba taking him to Jabba had been undone by Leia and Luke, they called a truce and decided to end it.

Of course Karen Traviss had to reignite the feud to some extent.
The story was "Last one standing: The tale of Boba Fett" i beleive, in tales of the bounty hunters.
I bow to no one and give service only for cause.
- From the Journeyman Protectors oath.

Aximand's Avatar


Aximand
08.02.2012 , 08:40 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBentOne View Post
The story was "Last one standing: The tale of Boba Fett" i beleive, in tales of the bounty hunters.
That's it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
No doubt Boba probably has a good draw, you see this in ROTJ with Jabba and them. However am giving it to Han, being that its his thing and its the only thing he has going for him and that he can perfect on whereas Boba has all this gear and tech with him that puts him at a big advantage.
Han spent hours upon hours working on his draw in the Han Solo trilogy of books. Like two hours a day at one point, if I'm remembering correctly.
I'm not mean, you're just a sissy.
The Orange Pixel is the REAL Sith Emperor
I don't need luck, I've got ammo - Urdnot Grunt
Remember 4/22/2011. A day that shall live in infamy.

Tuscad's Avatar


Tuscad
08.02.2012 , 10:27 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Aximand View Post
This has actually already been settled in Canon. They had blasters to each other's head in one book (can't remember which) and they decided that this endless fighting of each other was pointless, since Han's bounty wasn't even active anymore and Boba taking him to Jabba had been undone by Leia and Luke, they called a truce and decided to end it.

Of course Karen Traviss had to reignite the feud to some extent.
^ Tie, they would both end up killing each other at best in my opinion, otherwise they would end up packing their bags and going home.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Captain_Zone's Avatar


Captain_Zone
08.03.2012 , 12:23 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBentOne View Post
The story was "Last one standing: The tale of Boba Fett" i beleive, in tales of the bounty hunters.
That's the one that ends with Fett and Solo in a Mexican standoff, right?
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

TheBentOne's Avatar


TheBentOne
08.03.2012 , 02:34 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
That's the one that ends with Fett and Solo in a Mexican standoff, right?
Yup.That would be the one.
I bow to no one and give service only for cause.
- From the Journeyman Protectors oath.

Captain_Zone's Avatar


Captain_Zone
08.03.2012 , 11:00 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBentOne View Post
Yup.That would be the one.
Thought so. Thanks. Been a few years since I read it. lol
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

TheChervil's Avatar


TheChervil
08.04.2012 , 02:01 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by undeadsithdread View Post
without gears hand to hand combat on Nar Shadda.
Based on this criteria, gotta go with Han.

As much of a Fett fan as I am, I think there comes a point where you start depending on the armor too much.
Han doens't generally wear any, so he is more conscious of any damage thrown his way.
Fett is used to the protection the armor gives him, and mentally would probably not be prepared for it.

Also, the fact that Fett usually fights in armor, and suddenly finds himself without it will throw off his balance and timing a bit.