Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official F2P Announcement

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

dweber
07.31.2012 , 02:09 PM | #221
Actually at first I was worried about F2P. But now not so much. Yeah it's not the best situation in the world, but it could be worse honestly.

I am going to stick with it as long as I get some more dang content.
Good, bad, I'm the one with the gun...

Phenyr
07.31.2012 , 02:09 PM | #222
Quote: Originally Posted by Quinnt View Post
Just hit the wires 10 minutes ago:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ea-exp...190900648.html
Tortanic just hit the iceberg.
Run fast to the lifeboat!!!!
Gentlemen....gentlemen!!! Save it for the Holodeck

Emeda
07.31.2012 , 02:09 PM | #223
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Malice View Post
Well this game just died. Everyone knew it was coming.
Wait for the encore. The sub announcement LOL
If this game is so great then why do so many people that love the game spend all their time in the forums?

Xenirath
07.31.2012 , 02:10 PM | #224
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
We have some information about this in the FAQ (http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6526). Here's the question and answer for you:

What happens if I decide to change from being a subscription player to a Free-to-Play member? What will happen to my credits, inventory, bank items, and characters?

Your account will automatically be downgraded and it will operate under the Free player restrictions. You will need to choose what items to keep with you within the restriction levels of the free access. Furthermore, you will be able to see, but not use, your excess credits, inventory slots, bank tabs, and extra characters.

Hope this helps clear it up a little!
So a runescape style model, works for me :P
The Three Topics Better Not Discussed Online:
1)Religion
2)Politics
3)Which Videogames are Better

ChewyYui
07.31.2012 , 02:10 PM | #225
Quote: Originally Posted by LaVolpex View Post
i love this game, i have been a 100% paying customer from day one, never have i missed renewing my monthly , and i did not get a six month plan, even when i stopped playing for 3 months i kept paying , because i think it was deserving of at least 50 cents a day as support to see where you guys took this game...

now after all this time this is what you chose to do? i feel not only disgusted and dissapointed , but also insulted, i feel the need to express my utter discontent with this decision, as expected , EA has done it yet again, and i doubt i will remain a paying subscriber for too long now.

nothing short of the announcement of legacy (paying) players-only servers , or the decision to not go F2P is very likely to make me remain a monthly subscriber

thank you bioware, and i hope you can pull it off, but i do not want to deal with the f2p gaming community , ive experienced it in other f2p games and its the reason i dont play them

Anyone ever play the Phantasy Star Universe xbox 360 online demo? That was free, online and just awful. The community sucked, it was a market place for pr0n.

Don't end up like this star wars, Dont.
The Progenitor - The Alteric Legacy - Kira-chan

RepublicPilot
07.31.2012 , 02:10 PM | #226
Not happy at all

Not saying that it won't up the interest or whatever, but I really dislike the model they've chosen here - I would have preferred it to stay sub based. This isn't really free 2 play, it's another microtransactions up the *** model by the looks of it.

And I just resubbed last night for another month If I held off for another 24hrs I don't think I would have bothered.

Not going to make a long goodbye/rage thread, nobody really cares, but I'm off

Toogeloo
07.31.2012 , 02:10 PM | #227
Looking at the features, most people don't run a lot of Flashpoints or Space Missions, so I don't think limiting them for Free players is really going to matter much. So at the end of it all, people will be paying 15 bucks a month to run an Operation or three a week (depending on how hardcore they are), and to play in Warzones when they aren't raiding.

I really don't see this working out myself.

HeavensTerror
07.31.2012 , 02:10 PM | #228
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
It was as if a million voices cried out and were suddenly silenced!
I lol'd
The Bastion Forerunner legacy
Ionenla Gunslinger
Twileky Sentinel
Lonenla Vanguard

MossDawson
07.31.2012 , 02:11 PM | #229
Hey good job! Why don't you tell us about EA's declining stock as well?

Oh and here, opinions where BioWare can't touch.
http://estarwars.org/2012/07/31/cartel-coins/

Shlamorel
07.31.2012 , 02:11 PM | #230
Quote: Originally Posted by Daethorz View Post
Well, If they stay away from P2W crap it might work.
But the second they cross over to P2W this game instantly becomes the worst mmo on the market.
Agreed.

BW, please steer clear of purchasing advantages - keep purchases reserved for new content and vanity stuff and this game could flourish.
Shlamorel Sta'raeth - Jedi Seer
Dragonbrand
------------
I vow to try and respond in a constructive and positive manner