Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Canon ten most powerful Jedi and Sith.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Canon ten most powerful Jedi and Sith.

Syra_Meleu
07.25.2012 , 08:45 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
You know what I just realized. I hate these types of threads. The idea is great, but the Revan fanboys just ruin it by pretty much saying that Revan is the Force's gift to the galaxy. There really is no canonical facts to say that Revan is more poweful than any famous Jedi and Sith after his time. I get that Revan is powerful, but fanboys blow it out of proportion. They put him on a pedestal and worship him like he's the god of Star Wars. Revan's true forte (pronounced fortay) is military tactics. He won the Mandalore wars through his military strategies. This is not to say that he did not also lead his forces in battle, he did of course. However, his feats cannot compare to the Jedi and Sith that come after him. As this thread is no movie characters, I will refer to books. Jedi like Kyle Katarn and Kyp Durron would wipe the floor with him. Sith Lords like Plaguies and Caedus (not an official Sith, but close enough) could toss him aside like a rag doll.

The time between Revan's time and the present time is very long. Some 3000 years is alot of time for Jedi and Sith to increase in power. It makes sense that the descendants of the Jedi and the Banite line would increase in power over 3000 years. Revan is powerful, but his power cannot stand against the test of time. Revan's feats are outclassed by the feats of later Sith Lords and Jedi Masters.

I hope after reading all of this you understand that I do not hate Revan. I like his character and the plot that surrounds him. It's the Revan fanboys that ruin his character. Revan was great for his time, but he could not stand against the power of later Sith and Jedi. If you don't like what I have written, that's fine but don't prove me right.
I never said he was the strongest Jedi or Sith, I said he was the strongest of his time, which is echoed through the Star Wars The Old Republic : Revan book.. Anyway, I'll bring up some real points tomorrow when I get some books out and do some research, it's 3:45am now, peace.

Aurbere
07.25.2012 , 08:47 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Syra_Meleu View Post
I never said he was the strongest Jedi or Sith, I said he was the strongest of his time, which is echoed through the Star Wars The Old Republic : Revan book.. Anyway, I'll bring up some real points tomorrow when I get some books out and do some research, it's 3:45am now, peace.
And that's what I said. He was strong for his time, but he is a child compared to future Jedi and Sith.
Added Chapter 65 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

BrandonSM
07.25.2012 , 09:03 PM | #63
Didn't the Emperor pretty much destroy him in that book?
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Aurbere
07.25.2012 , 09:09 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Didn't the Emperor pretty much destroy him in that book?
I think it went down like this:

"Yo, Emperor! I'm gonna kick your butt!"

"Oh Yeah!? Just wait until I ROFLSTOMP you!"

KABOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!! Game Over.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Erishumlol
07.26.2012 , 07:24 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
You sourced Wookieepedia, not a page of the novel.

Want some canon facts:

Exar Kun was an immensely powerful Dark Lord of the Sith, he defeated his own master in a duel as a padawan, in a short amount of time his power grew exponentially through the Dark Side.

He learnt Force Flight, Force Blast, was a master of Niman and Jar'kai, killed multiple Jedi Masters, the council even admitted he was too powerful for them, it got to the point where he mutated the Massassi Warriors into Terentateks and eventually became so powerful he absorbed he life force of his warriors to ascend into a Sith spirit.

The entire Jedi Order of the day could only erect a Wall of Light to trap him on Yavin IV, they couldn't defeat him, four thousand years later, he knocked Master Luke Skywalker into a coma and almost destroyed the NJO, just as a spirit.

The Exile, was a master of the Light Side of the Force, she was one of the rare practitioners of Force Enlightenment, which gave her a far deeper understanding of the Light Side than all others of her time.

She could sever the Force from others and had mastery over countless other abilities, she trained six padawans simultaneously without trouble, and learned unique techniques from them.

Her most powerful display was single-handedly assaulting the Trayus Academy, decimating all the Sith Lords, Marauders and apprentices in the temple, then facing down Darth Sion beating him down so severely that her use of Dun Moch convinced him to die, this is a Sith Lord who had been hunting down and killing Jedi since the Exar Kun Wars 40 years earlier and then facing an all-knowing force user in Darth Traya, who had knowledge of all the Sith and the Jedi, and defeating her utterly, by severing her connection and all of these were massively enhanced by the Dark Side Nexus that Malachor V was, at this point, Traya stated that the Exile was 'The greatest apprentice I have ever trained.'.

Darth Nihilus needs no introduction, his power in the Dark Side was beyond immense.

Same with Vitiate.

and the same with Nomi.

The source for all of that info? Tales of the Jedi and The Knights of the Old Republic Sourcebook.

Which book or books would give me the most info about Nihilus? I really want to read as much about him as possible.
Hulkgg - Marauder

Temeluchus
07.26.2012 , 09:26 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Spoiler
I have played the SW and I am aware of the email.
Spoiler

Quote:
Revan's true forte (pronounced fortay) is military tactics. He won the Mandalore wars through his military strategies. This is not to say that he did not also lead his forces in battle, he did of course. However, his feats cannot compare to the Jedi and Sith that come after him
This is true, but I think Revan's most powerful ability was not a Force,learned or gameplay one;it was making a personal connection between him and the player. If in KOTOR we had played as Generic Jedi #1 and Revan had been nothing more than a NPC throughout the game I highly doubt he would be as wildly popular as he is.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.

Aurbere
07.26.2012 , 09:46 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Temeluchus View Post
I have played the SW and I am aware of the email.
Spoiler

This is true, but I think Revan's most powerful ability was not a Force,learned or gameplay one;it was making a personal connection between him and the player. If in KOTOR we had played as Generic Jedi #1 and Revan had been nothing more than a NPC throughout the game I highly doubt he would be as wildly popular as he is.
I agree. If we hadn't been able to create Revan and mold him to be who we wanted to believe, no one would like him nearly as much as they do. It's that connection to the character that makes players put them on that pedestal, because it is like they are Revan.

Rayla_Felana
07.26.2012 , 10:15 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Erishumlol View Post
Which book or books would give me the most info about Nihilus? I really want to read as much about him as possible.
The KotOR sourcebook has the most information about him.

Selenial
07.26.2012 , 10:35 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
He is a Jedi Knight in title only, the ONLY reason the Jedi High Council didn't boot him out was because the Public saw him as a hero, they rejected him and his teachings completely, he was not a Jedi and I highly doubt he even saw himself as a Jedi, please 'bias' has nothing to do with it, read the novel.
I have. Like three times.
And again, thats wrong. The reason they didnt kick him out was because they didnt want him spreading his beliefs about jedi and love. They knew that if they excommunicated (in a sense) revan, he would preach to the padawans, and many that saw him as a hero would follow him, and turn their backs on the jedi council as so many did years before.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Posted the prologue of fanfic Echoes.

Selenial
07.26.2012 , 10:42 AM | #70
Yes, The Exile is very strong, as is Revan, who was her instructor for a long period of time (informally). Revan is not canonically dead yet which shows VERY strong force powers, compared to the likes of The Emperor, maybe better, maybe worse, I'll make a proper list tomorrow after I've researched canon and all that good stuff. I'm not denying that any of these people are weak, Nihilus, strong. Sion, strong. The Exile, strong. etc..

Let us go through the canonical greats that Revan has achieved: (facts)

- He led the Republic / Jedi to victory against the Mandalorians, defeated the Mandalore, destruction of Malachor V and this gained him the nickance 'Revan the Butcher'
- Tracked down all of the Star Maps, TWICE; defeating numerous strong foe along the way.
- He became Sith, warred against the Jedi and was winning by a very long shot before the betrayal.
- He was credited by the Jedi Exile herself that he was a large factor in why she was so successful (teachings)
- He survived over 300 years of the Emperor feeding off of him, and from KotOR canon, where Malak feeds off Jedi Masters and Knights, he exclaims how he draws the power from them but they will eventually die (short term) which shows us how strong Revan is.
Just wanted to highlight this part. Revan couldn't have even survived 3 years if meetra surik didnt feed her energy into him to keep him going....
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Posted the prologue of fanfic Echoes.