Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crushing the Jedi Freedom Fighters [Heroic 4] difficulty

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Crushing the Jedi Freedom Fighters [Heroic 4] difficulty

CruciformSword
12.19.2011 , 04:13 AM | #1
I wouldn't call myself one of the top hardcore players but I also am no casual/noob. So go ahead and react negatively to me if you're hardcore and want to troll, but I just want to make sure what I experienced was a fluke and that this dungeon is in fact not too hard.

I was level 22 and the quest was green for me so I was expecting to DPS carry the group (BH Merc) and have an easy run. All of the mobs right at the entrance are groups of 3-4 gold elite npcs. Pats walk by the mobs and there isn't anything to line of sight pull them around making it more like a 4-5 gold elite group pull. This was way too much damage for the tank and healer to handle. And even with my higher level and dps we weren't dropping single targets fast enough to prevent rapid damage to the tank. Not to mention the poor tank trying to prevent any of the 5 from attacking a teammate (which he had to do because if one starts attacking anybody else they either die or make the healers job way harder). We always wiped after killing 2-3 of the npcs but by the time we all were revived by medical probe they slain ones had respawned. A random group will not have enough coordination to CC one consistently thereby not reducing the overall amount of damage done to the tank.

But before I scream *NERF* I'd like to hear about other peoples' experiences.
Anyone have a similar or different situation?
I gave a dancer at the cantina a death stick. She asked if I'd like to come over. Now I'm in bed with her re-thinking my wife.
-CruciformSWORD (East Coast server TBA)

Rehtiz
12.19.2011 , 04:22 AM | #2
A random group I was in yesterday wiped 2 times on a group of mobs in a heroic 4. Person tanking was losing health quicker than the healer (me) could heal him, plus other mobs hitting me slowing my heals. Then we had a talk, started to mark the targets and used cc on every pull. Rest of the heroic was easy.

Random groups can adapt.

LMKobold
12.19.2011 , 04:24 AM | #3
I did the mission yesterday and had a similar experience. We were a group of 4, no Tank, me an Imperial Agent Healer lvl 25, the others in the range of 22 to 24.

We did used 3 long time CCs (BH CC, IA CC and SI CC) most of the time, but barely survived some bad pulls without them. The worst part imho was the lack of a group-phase. While searching for Jedis to kill we had respawns right where we were fighting. It was a good group, so we usually survived.

Still, it left me wondering if it would have been doable on the intended level.

Anthya
12.19.2011 , 07:29 AM | #4
It's been nerfed greatly since beta.

Even then, it was doable. It's doable now. I do think it's out of place though - newbies do struggle unduly on it - and it's a heroic where one person can screw you up completely.

uebermann
12.19.2011 , 09:11 AM | #5
No problems with it here.

If you don't use CCs and don't prioritize the targets, it'll be rough no doubt. Otherwise its really not that bad.