Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Canon ten most powerful Jedi and Sith.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Canon ten most powerful Jedi and Sith.

Aurbere
07.23.2012 , 10:32 AM | #21
No movie characters huh? OK then. I don't really know where to place certain individuals. but I'm sure someone is going to have Revan at the top of their list
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Deviss
07.23.2012 , 10:49 AM | #22
Vitiate without any doubts. And then there is the whole sith triumvirate - Traya, Nihilus and Sion. They all had some very impressive and unique powers of their own I suppose.
http://lorefreak.com
Only I have been both Fanboy and Hater and found clarity in the Force…
Interviews, debates, reviews, articles and more, all Star Wars related - embrace your inner nerd(i)ness!

Rayla_Felana
07.23.2012 , 11:30 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
No movie characters huh? OK then. I don't really know where to place certain individuals. but I'm sure someone is going to have Revan at the top of their list
Revan when he was a Jedi Knight was nowhere near the Top 10, Darth Revan wasn't close either, and Reborn Revan isn't even a Jedi or a Sith any ways, so I really don't get why.

Rayla_Felana
07.23.2012 , 11:32 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Deviss View Post
Vitiate without any doubts. And then there is the whole sith triumvirate - Traya, Nihilus and Sion. They all had some very impressive and unique powers of their own I suppose.
You forget Caedus and Exar Kun both of them were extremely powerful Force Users, Caedus was almost a match for Grand Master Luke and Exar Kun doesn't even need an introduction.

Aurbere
07.23.2012 , 11:42 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Revan when he was a Jedi Knight was nowhere near the Top 10, Darth Revan wasn't close either, and Reborn Revan isn't even a Jedi or a Sith any ways, so I really don't get why.
That hasn't stopped them before.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Jiating
07.23.2012 , 01:38 PM | #26
Seeing so much Caedus mention only reminds me how much i hated the terrible power creep of the later series.
It was almost like they couldnt figure out a way to make him a good character, so they just started throwing powers on him to see what stuck.
Walk through time, yeah sure why not. Shatterpoint? Didnt we establish that was rare and innate? Nope, screw it he can do that too.
Self healing, makes himself invisible in the force, can beat up well established characters out of nowhere.

Seriously, re-reading and looking over Jacens list is like reading a very bad star wars fanfic mary sue out of control. Like roleplaying with someone who keeps trying to one up everything else.
"Yeah...well...he can make himself invisible in the force so they cant sense him."
"ok, but when they get into a fight Mara will give him trouble since she is a trained and vicious combatant..."
"Nope, i kill her. Then i beat up Master Luke for a bit...also im so dark and no one understands me"
"ok...im going home"

Given this power creep has only gotten worse and is not relegated soley to him. But he was the worst offender and had me stop reading the series. Silly New Jedi Order...

BrandonSM
07.23.2012 , 01:47 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Jiating View Post
Seeing so much Caedus mention only reminds me how much i hated the terrible power creep of the later series.
It was almost like they couldnt figure out a way to make him a good character, so they just started throwing powers on him to see what stuck.
Walk through time, yeah sure why not. Shatterpoint? Didnt we establish that was rare and innate? Nope, screw it he can do that too.
Self healing, makes himself invisible in the force, can beat up well established characters out of nowhere.

Seriously, re-reading and looking over Jacens list is like reading a very bad star wars fanfic mary sue out of control. Like roleplaying with someone who keeps trying to one up everything else.
"Yeah...well...he can make himself invisible in the force so they cant sense him."
"ok, but when they get into a fight Mara will give him trouble since she is a trained and vicious combatant..."
"Nope, i kill her. Then i beat up Master Luke for a bit...also im so dark and no one understands me"
"ok...im going home"

Given this power creep has only gotten worse and is not relegated soley to him. But he was the worst offender and had me stop reading the series. Silly New Jedi Order...
This thread isn't Top 10 of Characters you like, its Top 10 Most Powerful Characters in Canon.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Jiating
07.23.2012 , 01:57 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
This thread isn't Top 10 of Characters you like, its Top 10 Most Powerful Characters in Canon.
Then perhaps i did not clarify my post.
I used Caedus as an example, but my main problem is the near retarded levels of power creep that pushed along the series.
It essentially means the top 5 are without a doubt New Jedi Order(as they are the most recent written and have such random accomplishments like killing a near god of the force, etc) while everyone else trickles downward and back to older novels.

This power creep has made things unbearable. Combined with Lucas and his "you cant kill Luke" setup, means such things tend to follow a trend i do not find favor with anymore. The most powerful anything is just going to be the most recently written hero of the series. Jacen was Uber, then he died, and suddenly Luke had to go kill himself a dark side god/powerhouse so now hes top dog again(and i suppose Krayt now is the strongest darkside user?).

Aurbere
07.23.2012 , 08:20 PM | #29
I only have a few on my list so here we go.

Jedi-

1. Kyp Durron- apparently he is a beast with power close to Luke
2. Mara Jade- Former Emperor's Hand and poweful Jedi Master. Plus she's hot! (Yes I said that)
3. Kyle Katarn- He is a respected master, but I don't know much about him. Could anyone recommend a book with Kyle doing awesome stuff in it?

Sith-

1. Vitiate- Immortal, but through rituals
2. Nihilus- Almost single handedly destroyed the order. One of very few Sith to accomplish this.
3. Exar Kun- Took the entire Jedi Order to take him down. Then he comes back and puts Luke in a coma.

BrandonSM
07.23.2012 , 08:43 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I only have a few on my list so here we go.

3. Kyle Katarn- He is a respected master, but I don't know much about him. Could anyone recommend a book with Kyle doing awesome stuff in it?

Kyle is as famous as he is due to the Game he starred in, "Dark Forces" or something like that.

He isn't a main character in NJO but he is frequently involved in the events. And in the NJO Series he becomes Battlemaster.

He hasn't really been in anything where he is a main character. But he is in allot of books that The NJO is greatly involved in, like Swamp War and Dark Nest..
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."