Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Canon ten most powerful Jedi and Sith.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Canon ten most powerful Jedi and Sith.

Rayla_Felana
07.22.2012 , 02:15 PM | #1
Much like the other Top 10 SIth and Jedi thread, but with a twist, you have to bring up canon reasons why this person is at your chosen rank.

But even more interesting, this is excluding ALL movie characters, every last character seen in the movies cannot be included in this list, mainly because we already know who goes where when they are included.

(Minor exceptions are for example: Battle Master Cin Drallig, he is seen once for like five seconds, so does not count.)

Aurbere
07.22.2012 , 02:17 PM | #2
So no movie characters like Luke and Sidious? Interesting.
Added Chapter 31 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Rayla_Felana
07.22.2012 , 02:19 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
So no movie characters like Luke and Sidious? Interesting.
Precisely.

BrandonSM
07.22.2012 , 02:35 PM | #4
Caedus has to be in everyone's top 5.. as well as Nox.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

_biddan_
07.22.2012 , 03:56 PM | #5
darth nox and the 3rd barsen'thor are incredibly powerful,the emperor's wrath and the hero of tython are known for their strength,i would totally include them.
what about luke skywalker?
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

Rayla_Felana
07.22.2012 , 04:07 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by _biddan_ View Post
what about luke skywalker?
I just said in the OP no movie characters.

Rayla_Felana
07.22.2012 , 04:10 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Caedus has to be in everyone's top 5.. as well as Nox.
Caedus could very well be No.1.

But, as I said, to make a list, you need canonical facts backing up your argument./

BrandonSM
07.22.2012 , 05:47 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Caedus could very well be No.1.

But, as I said, to make a list, you need canonical facts backing up your argument./
Caedus

Lightsaber Skills:

Took on multiple Jedi and Battlemaster Kyle Katarn and outfought them. He even managed to nick a few hits on Luke, which is pretty impressive.

Force:

He was an extremely strong person in the Force. Very good at Force Influence, able to make powerful Force-Users with all their resistance and powerful will, obey him. He could heal himself on the spot and adjust his body to get use to the enviroment.

He Achieved Oneness. He could Absorb Energy and deflect it. And he could render himself so that he was extremely difficult to sense in the Force. Solo was able to force his mind into that of another through the Force, imposing his will through the Force. (As seen when he helped his mother with landing the Millenium Falcon. Boomshackalaca!)

He learned Shatterpoint, and you should read the novel "Shatterpoint" to see just how awesome that ability is. Able to see the weakness in pretty much everything.

Thats my reasoning behind Caedus, I'll make top 10 list of both jedi and Sith in a couple hours...

P.S. Wookieepedia is an OK source right?
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Syra_Meleu
07.22.2012 , 06:22 PM | #9
Break it down into the eras, starting from the origins, we have the likes of: Muur, XoXaan, Ragnos, Sadow, Pall, Ductavis

Then around 4000 BBY you have the likes of Revan, Nihilus, Treya, Exar Kun, Zym, Satele Shan, Sunrider

Then around 1000 BBY you have Bane, Zannah, Coven.

Then around 0 BBY / 1 ABY you have probably Starkiller..

After that, Caedus.

Of course this is my opinion and I may have missed people out

Oronoco
07.22.2012 , 06:24 PM | #10
Nihilus will always be on my list of bests.

He destroyed entire planets with his will feeding on the force of all things in contact with it.
he could feel force sensitive creatures throughout the galaxy.
He lifted the Ravager out of Malachor V and held it together. (yoda lifted a measley x-wing)
And he made himself immortal by Storing his mind in his armor.