Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Possible to transfer off Fatman?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Possible to transfer off Fatman?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nomerath
06.15.2012 , 04:29 AM | #1
I have my characters on Fatman but my friends who thought they were going to get transfered there got transfered to Phropecy of the Five instead.

So will it be possible to transfer off Fatman to another server at one time or do I have to regrind my 3 lvl50's?

-Holmes
06.15.2012 , 04:37 AM | #2
Sooner or later you will be able to pay to transfer. This could take a while though.

Ogada
06.15.2012 , 04:37 AM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi Nomerath,

Currently I have no release date for this. The Development Team will most likely announce this after people have had a chance to avail of the specific destination transfers first.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Ogada | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Nomerath
06.15.2012 , 04:43 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Ogada View Post
Hi Nomerath,

Currently I have no release date for this. The Development Team will most likely announce this after people have had a chance to avail of the specific destination transfers first.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I can do with no date but are we talking a month? 3 months?

Bomyne
06.15.2012 , 05:31 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Nomerath View Post
I can do with no date but are we talking a month? 3 months?
I would venture a guess and say at minimum 3 months. Possible 6. It's just a guess though and no one here can provide you with an actual date. They want to make sure server populations are stable before they throw it to the wind and allow any transfers.
"Sometimes, The obvious choice is the wrong choice."

XBonez
06.15.2012 , 09:28 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by -Holmes View Post
Sooner or later you will be able to pay to transfer. This could take a while though.
Maybe I'm missing something, but why would we have to "pay" for a transfer? What does that money go for? We are the ones doing all the transferring...

Literally, what would it pay for? It doesn't cost more electricity? They are actually going to save money running fewer servers.. etc.. What in the world would we have to pay for?

Now I can agree as far as population and social control is concerned, I agree that limiting people from popping all over the place is valid. However, for those of us who were pretty much forced to re-roll on another populated server, which the only one worth playing on was Fatman, because our server was dead.

So now I have a level 30 on Fatman, that I want to bring over with my other lvl'd characters on Bastion. I hope that after the big origin transfers are done, that they let us do individual transfers from fatman, to only selected "origin servers".

There were many people that re-rolled for the love of the game, just to have queues to join and people to quest with.

Bomyne
06.15.2012 , 09:45 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by XBonez View Post
Maybe I'm missing something, but why would we have to "pay" for a transfer? What does that money go for? We are the ones doing all the transferring...
Because that's generally how games of this type run. with paid character services.

I believe it's to discourage abuse. If it costs $25 then you're going to think twice or even three times about it before you do it. If it costs $0, you probably wouldn't give it a second thought.

That and there is never anything wrong with a company making profit. It keeps the company and publisher interested in the game. Never a bad thing.
"Sometimes, The obvious choice is the wrong choice."