Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Sith Warriors are just a Weak tool ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Sith Warriors are just a Weak tool ?

kaczuszka's Avatar


kaczuszka
05.29.2012 , 10:30 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranadiel_Marius View Post
I'd really place the SW as above the SI in just about every regard. The SW is the one who manipulates and plots while the the SI is the one who just blows stuff up.



Yeah kind of a shame that the SI is the 2 kilos of solid iron though.
other way round sith warrior is the one blowing up stuff and Si plots

but to be honest warrior is strong in the force they just don't want to learn so much about power just like darth vader
and Si is like revan. revan was looking for star forge the hidden power and that's what Si does
peace is a lie there is only passion through passion I gain strength through strength I gain power through power I gain victory through victory my chains are broken the force shall free me

Ranadiel_Marius's Avatar


Ranadiel_Marius
05.29.2012 , 11:01 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by kaczuszka View Post
other way round sith warrior is the one blowing up stuff and Si plots

but to be honest warrior is strong in the force they just don't want to learn so much about power just like darth vader
and Si is like revan. revan was looking for star forge the hidden power and that's what Si does
Oh yes the Sith Inquisitor is a plotter alright....

Spoiler


The SI is a moron who is plotted against and gets out of his troubles by sheer ability in the force and by NPCs falling over themselves to help him for some inexplainable reason. The SW is an intellegent warrior who deals with his problems through either brute force or through cunning, planning, or corruption as appropriate.
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

DMOMO's Avatar


DMOMO
05.29.2012 , 12:33 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranadiel_Marius View Post
The SW is an intellegent warrior who deals with his problems through either brute force or through cunning, planning, or corruption as appropriate.
This^

I personally preferred playing my warrior as less of a brute and more of an intellectual. He did kill those who betrayed or attacked him but he would hardly kill if they did not deserve it. Resources for the empire and his power base were more important then mindless slaughter.

I have to say I was terribly bored during the SI story. I never really felt like a true sith; only like a little kid running around with super powers zapping everyone.

Jenzali's Avatar


Jenzali
05.29.2012 , 12:43 PM | #14
In theory, the SI should be more about plotting and secretly working your way to the top, much like Palpatine. That's who the class was originally modeled after.

However, in practice, the SW's story does it much, much better. Nearly every enemy or rival you come across (Jedi or Sith), you are given the option to corrupt them, turn them to the Dark Side, or convince them to serve you. So right out of the gate you have more options for building your power base. The SI in general seems just like a psychopath (while not a problem in itself) when he kills people, rather than someone who actually takes into account the tactical soundness of his decisions.

The entire SW Act I by itself features more manipulation than the entirety of the SI's story.
Spoiler
which is something the SI never really gets to do.

The SI isn't even able to manipulate his own companion,
Spoiler

into turning to the Dark Side. So much for a master of the dark arts!

The SW's manipulations are supported partly later on by
Spoiler

however it is clear that the plans are coming from you. Even before
Spoiler

the SW very clearly had a plot in place
Spoiler

The SI however, seems like he is stumbling around, taking people's suggestions, and somehow haphazardly ending up in a position of greater power, for example
Spoiler

and yet still fails to achieve many of his own objectives by the end.

And at the end of both storylines,
Spoiler


I attribute this mostly to the fact that the SW has much higher quality storywriting and voice acting than the SI rather than anything to do with the overall concept of the class. The SW really felt like an intelligent, honorable, yet cold and ruthless manipulator, but who could still pack a very hard punch in combat. I practically had my own army of fallen Jedi whom I had corrupted and a few Sith Lord lackeys to boot.

There are also more roleplaying options for the SW. At nearly every critical story moment, there are 4 or 5 branching paths rather than just 2 for the SI. While the SI could usually only have the option to either kill the person or let them live, the SW would usually be able to choose between "honorable death", "merciful death", "keep them and torture them for more information", "convert them to your side", or even "witty sarcasm/snarkiness" (especially towards Darth Baras). Playing a LS SW was truly as convincing as playing a DS SW and the voice acting reflected it. A LS SI seemed somewhat out of place, as you'd have sudden, schizophrenic sounding lines like "It's YOUR turn to die now!" even if everything you said beforehand sounded perfectly reasonable. Bravo to the SW voice actor.

Overall, I just really loved the moments when the SW could tell his Jedi adversaries that he sensed fear and anger in them. My favorite lines to say were something like "I sense your darkness, you have already fallen. Release your anger", and "Strike me down, Jedi!" as it had the very iconic feeling as when said by Darth Vader or Darth Sidious in the movies. As far as I recall the SI never got to say anything nearly as cool.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

kaczuszka's Avatar


kaczuszka
05.29.2012 , 01:25 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranadiel_Marius View Post
Oh yes the Sith Inquisitor is a plotter alright....

Spoiler


The SI is a moron who is plotted against and gets out of his troubles by sheer ability in the force and by NPCs falling over themselves to help him for some inexplainable reason. The SW is an intellegent warrior who deals with his problems through either brute force or through cunning, planning, or corruption as appropriate.


you got to admit binding ghosts killing a dark council member earning a cult on nar shadda? right all that done by imperial soldier? I don't think so. And SI earns a apprentice which kills over acolytes with bare hands (xalek) anyone else want to add anything??
peace is a lie there is only passion through passion I gain strength through strength I gain power through power I gain victory through victory my chains are broken the force shall free me

kaczuszka's Avatar


kaczuszka
05.29.2012 , 01:28 PM | #16
BTW SI has a ancestor which made tulak hord scared what else do you want?? and yea as you say i could go on but there is no point what so ever

I prefer playing as SW because they are like darth vader but im saying that SI are quiet powerful as well
peace is a lie there is only passion through passion I gain strength through strength I gain power through power I gain victory through victory my chains are broken the force shall free me

lokdron's Avatar


lokdron
05.29.2012 , 01:47 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenzali View Post
In theory, the SI should be more about plotting and secretly working your way to the top, much like Palpatine. That's who the class was originally modeled after.

However, in practice, the SW's story does it much, much better. Nearly every enemy or rival you come across (Jedi or Sith), you are given the option to corrupt them, turn them to the Dark Side, or convince them to serve you. So right out of the gate you have more options for building your power base. The SI in general seems just like a psychopath (while not a problem in itself) when he kills people, rather than someone who actually takes into account the tactical soundness of his decisions.

The entire SW Act I by itself features more manipulation than the entirety of the SI's story.
Spoiler
which is something the SI never really gets to do.

The SI isn't even able to manipulate his own companion,
Spoiler

into turning to the Dark Side. So much for a master of the dark arts!

The SW's manipulations are supported partly later on by
Spoiler

however it is clear that the plans are coming from you. Even before
Spoiler

the SW very clearly had a plot in place
Spoiler

The SI however, seems like he is stumbling around, taking people's suggestions, and somehow haphazardly ending up in a position of greater power, for example
Spoiler

and yet still fails to achieve many of his own objectives by the end.

And at the end of both storylines,
Spoiler


I attribute this mostly to the fact that the SW has much higher quality storywriting and voice acting than the SI rather than anything to do with the overall concept of the class. The SW really felt like an intelligent, honorable, yet cold and ruthless manipulator, but who could still pack a very hard punch in combat. I practically had my own army of fallen Jedi whom I had corrupted and a few Sith Lord lackeys to boot.

There are also more roleplaying options for the SW. At nearly every critical story moment, there are 4 or 5 branching paths rather than just 2 for the SI. While the SI could usually only have the option to either kill the person or let them live, the SW would usually be able to choose between "honorable death", "merciful death", "keep them and torture them for more information", "convert them to your side", or even "witty sarcasm/snarkiness" (especially towards Darth Baras). Playing a LS SW was truly as convincing as playing a DS SW and the voice acting reflected it. A LS SI seemed somewhat out of place, as you'd have sudden, schizophrenic sounding lines like "It's YOUR turn to die now!" even if everything you said beforehand sounded perfectly reasonable. Bravo to the SW voice actor.

Overall, I just really loved the moments when the SW could tell his Jedi adversaries that he sensed fear and anger in them. My favorite lines to say were something like "I sense your darkness, you have already fallen. Release your anger", and "Strike me down, Jedi!" as it had the very iconic feeling as when said by Darth Vader or Darth Sidious in the movies. As far as I recall the SI never got to say anything nearly as cool.
Yup i played a SI first I was very excited to start playing the class that is a manipulator and bioware described the SI as a darth sidious fantasy I did not get that. So after i got a SI to level 50 I decided to make a sith warrior low and behold the SW acts like darth sidious AND darth vader. I felt more like darth sidious while playing the SW story! In my honest opinion after playing both to level 50 the SW is the manipulator and the SI is the brute.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

Eanelinea's Avatar


Eanelinea
05.29.2012 , 02:15 PM | #18
See, with the inquisitor I can understand why people have to help them and they need all this extra goody crap. Remember you began as a slave. The ONLY reason they shipped your butt to Korriban is because you could make shiny lightning. If you didn't have that ability, you'd still be scrubbing toilets for your slave master.

You just got REAL lucky to be one with the Force.

The Sith Warrior says something about it being in their blood and they more than likely arrived on Korriban of their own free will. I'm pretty sure when they found out they could use force powers, they stepped on people to be the first in line on the newb shuttle to newb land.

So, even though they end up in two different places, it's understandable.

Ranadiel_Marius's Avatar


Ranadiel_Marius
05.29.2012 , 03:42 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by kaczuszka View Post
you got to admit binding ghosts killing a dark council member earning a cult on nar shadda? right all that done by imperial soldier? I don't think so. And SI earns a apprentice which kills over acolytes with bare hands (xalek) anyone else want to add anything??
There is no plotting involved in any of that by the SI.

Spoiler


Quote: Originally Posted by kaczuszka View Post
BTW SI has a ancestor which made tulak hord scared what else do you want?? and yea as you say i could go on but there is no point what so ever

I prefer playing as SW because they are like darth vader but im saying that SI are quiet powerful as well
Spoiler


And who cares whether the SI is powerful or not, the discussion chain has been about whether ot not he is a manipulator. And the SI isn't, he is a brute who knows how to throw force lightning around.

Quote: Originally Posted by Eanelinea View Post
See, with the inquisitor I can understand why people have to help them and they need all this extra goody crap. Remember you began as a slave. The ONLY reason they shipped your butt to Korriban is because you could make shiny lightning. If you didn't have that ability, you'd still be scrubbing toilets for your slave master.

You just got REAL lucky to be one with the Force.

The Sith Warrior says something about it being in their blood and they more than likely arrived on Korriban of their own free will. I'm pretty sure when they found out they could use force powers, they stepped on people to be the first in line on the newb shuttle to newb land.

So, even though they end up in two different places, it's understandable.
I have no problem with the SI needing help. Certainly the SW doesn't just go and do everything without any help. That would make for a boring class story. The problem with the SI is that he never does anything on his own initiative, he is always following the plans of someone else without doing any thinking for himself. It also doesn't help that the SI is suppsoed to the Palpatinish storyline and yet it lack all the hallmarks that one would expect from such a story.
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

Captain_Zone's Avatar


Captain_Zone
05.29.2012 , 03:49 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoliaxen View Post
im asking some info from people who more into these Story Lores and stuff

Are Sith warriors Only a Tool for the Unlimited Power wielder Inquisitors ?
my main is a light sided Sith Sorc i Realy Like The story Power collecting Death Sithlords ghosts Draining etc to be the strongest and the way How the Inquisitor want to Change the WHOLE empire.

i like the Abilities too Etc etc.
i just dont like the mechanic 's ( Forced to have a Tanking Companion bicous you survival is pathetic WHERE is the Unlimited power ? ) and i REALY love if my char feels like its unkilable.

So
I started to play a Sith jugg
only around lvl 24

im folowing the story and it feels like im just a Mindles warrior for the Inq ?
No mysteries no Hiden powers just go and kill.

and in the story of Inquisitor i saw they have powers that can basicaly rip your Soul apart by just raising his hand.
what a Warrior have ? a Lightsaber ?
my Sorc is lvl 36
i Realy have a hard time choosing a main

i mostly like the playstile of the jugg and im leaning to it to be my main instead but EVERY time i remember these stuff that i just writed down i look on my char like a weakling and totaly and i mean TOTALY sets me of to play it.

is there some HIDEN story somewhere or something that shows that they CAN be REALY powerfull not just a tool that can die by an INQ that just raised his hand to destroy his soul ???
Here's an idea for you. Troll Baras every chance you get, make LS decisions and back them up with "If you don't like it, I'll kill you where you stand" lines. It's a blast to play LS, and I'm with you that the DS SW feels like a complete tool.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.