Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Warriors are just a Weak tool ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Sith Warriors are just a Weak tool ?

Zoliaxen
05.29.2012 , 12:14 AM | #1
im asking some info from people who more into these Story Lores and stuff

Are Sith warriors Only a Tool for the Unlimited Power wielder Inquisitors ?
my main is a light sided Sith Sorc i Realy Like The story Power collecting Death Sithlords ghosts Draining etc to be the strongest and the way How the Inquisitor want to Change the WHOLE empire.

i like the Abilities too Etc etc.
i just dont like the mechanic 's ( Forced to have a Tanking Companion bicous you survival is pathetic WHERE is the Unlimited power ? ) and i REALY love if my char feels like its unkilable.

So
I started to play a Sith jugg
only around lvl 24

im folowing the story and it feels like im just a Mindles warrior for the Inq ?
No mysteries no Hiden powers just go and kill.

and in the story of Inquisitor i saw they have powers that can basicaly rip your Soul apart by just raising his hand.
what a Warrior have ? a Lightsaber ?
my Sorc is lvl 36
i Realy have a hard time choosing a main

i mostly like the playstile of the jugg and im leaning to it to be my main instead but EVERY time i remember these stuff that i just writed down i look on my char like a weakling and totaly and i mean TOTALY sets me of to play it.

is there some HIDEN story somewhere or something that shows that they CAN be REALY powerfull not just a tool that can die by an INQ that just raised his hand to destroy his soul ???

DesAnvos
05.29.2012 , 02:26 AM | #2
Its really hard to discuss this without spoiling the final 2 chapters of sw.

Power wise, beyond that fact game mechanics limit sw's from using the more flashy force powers, it is that as the warrior they put their skills inward instead of outward. You also need to remember the warrior is supposed to come from a lineage of sith where they have been trained since birth to be sith, while the si until recently was a slave meaning the sw would be inherently stronger. Not to mention that since the sw is more about the direct aproach their focus tends to be on the war at hand instead of searching for lost junk that may or may not help .

Quite honestly the more you go in the sw story I found it is evident who is the true power in the sw story line.

JamieM
05.29.2012 , 03:20 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DesAnvos View Post
Its really hard to discuss this without spoiling the final 2 chapters of sw.

Power wise, beyond that fact game mechanics limit sw's from using the more flashy force powers, it is that as the warrior they put their skills inward instead of outward. You also need to remember the warrior is supposed to come from a lineage of sith where they have been trained since birth to be sith, while the si until recently was a slave meaning the sw would be inherently stronger. Not to mention that since the sw is more about the direct aproach and their focus tends to be on the war at hand instead of searching for lost junk that may or may not help .

Quite honestly the more you go in the sw story I found it is evident who is the true power in the sw story line.
Yep and the SW class quest ending leaves it in no doubt who is superior.

Spoiler

Erevan_Kindelar
05.29.2012 , 03:41 AM | #4
The Inquisitor is either an assassin or a sage dedicated to understanding the mysteries of the Force. The warrior (in either AC) is basically a focussed ball of rage and destruction.
One is a slim dagger placed precisely between the ribs of a target or a sharp scalpel surgically manipulating events from a distance. The other is a hammer and has the subtlety of 2 kilos of solid iron at the end of a long piece of wood.

The Warrior storyline is about rage, protection and killing stuff. The Inquisitor storyline is about betrayal at every turn and an unquenchable thirst for power. Fundamentally, they will follow different paths, and the Warrior might be manipulated by the Inquisitor in some ways, but in PvP and in a storyline where that manipulation happens, the Warrior would then slice the Inquisitor into bloody sushi.
No, really! I am telling the truth, honestly! Look I can prove it, I am a politician! I am as honest as the day is long!
Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving... oh damn, err, that last comment was off the record, right?

Ranadiel_Marius
05.29.2012 , 05:32 AM | #5
I'd really place the SW as above the SI in just about every regard. The SW is the one who manipulates and plots while the the SI is the one who just blows stuff up.

Quote: Originally Posted by Erevan_Kindelar View Post
One is a slim dagger placed precisely between the ribs of a target or a sharp scalpel surgically manipulating events from a distance. The other is a hammer and has the subtlety of 2 kilos of solid iron at the end of a long piece of wood.
Yeah kind of a shame that the SI is the 2 kilos of solid iron though.
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

bright_ephemera
05.29.2012 , 05:37 AM | #6
* Sith Warriors are just a strong tool. The strongest, baddest tool in the galaxy.

You don't get subtlety here. Or deep thought, or profound Force tricks. You're mostly an enforcer for other people, though it's debatable whether those other people are "true power". (Heh.) You're a wrecking ball. You destroy more than one Sorcerer-type character because you've got enough Force resistance to reach close range and let loose your unparalleled combat skill.

The Inquisitor has politics, resourcefulness, arcana and a rise from nothing. The Sith Warrior is a power trip, through and through, with zero subtlety. You have people on their knees before you begging for their lives within fifteen minutes of landing on Korriban - "weak" isn't the term I would use.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Maaruin
05.29.2012 , 06:06 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieM View Post
Yep and the SW class quest ending leaves it in no doubt who is superior.

Spoiler
Sorry, but that's not quite correct.

Spoiler

Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
* Sith Warriors are just a strong tool. The strongest, baddest tool in the galaxy.
^This. Best description of the warrior's role.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

CaptainCaim
05.29.2012 , 09:18 AM | #8
Yeah, I don't think there is anything "weak" about the Sith Warrior, especially compared to the Sith Inquisitor. Whereas a significant portion of the latter's story is all about going planet to planet to augment their power, the Sith Warrior pretty much just steamrolls through their enemies without needing to rely on the scraps left over from dead Sith Lords. It's especially noticeable if you compare the cutscenes in their respective stories.

The tool comment is...kinda of valid? I guess? The Sith Warrior does spend most of their story as an enforcer and actually ends it that way too, but they're actually given quite a few chances to build their own power base even under the strict scrutiny of their master.

Actually, that seems to be the primary difference between them. The Sith Warrior mainly seems to deal with "conventional" personal and political power while for the most part the Inquisitor sticks with Sith Magic and a smattering of politics in their story, which is really a shame. They aren't really allowed to be nearly as cunning in their stories as the "Palpatine" class should be. =/

Lady_Alyria
05.29.2012 , 09:28 AM | #9
All apprentices are tools for their master. That's why we bow our head, do our duty and wait for the first opportunity to kill them so we can be our own masters.

Katahn
05.29.2012 , 10:25 AM | #10
I've played the SI story through to its end and I've just started chapter 3 of the SW story. So far I am enjoying the SW story a lot more. The rise to power of the SW feels more like achieving your true destiny whereas the SI has more of a "stole the power to get there" kind of vibe to it. Both certainly do end up very powerful - the SI gets tremendous political power whereas the SW becomes very much the kind of figure that Darth Vader was in episodes 4-6 (i.e. the Emperor's enforcer and attack dog) and presumably may be more feared as a result.
Katahn
- Just an aging geek that remembers seeing Ep4 in the theater as a kid and knows that Han shot first!