Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game freezes every second for only a second

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Game freezes every second for only a second
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jwhitless
05.10.2012 , 10:52 PM | #1
Although it usually happens on Corellia and the Black Hole, it has happened on other planets. It seems my computer will freeze up for a second, return to normal, and then freeze again a second later, then return to normal after a second and it just repeats like that for a long time. Every time SWTOR freezes a loud buzz will play where there should be background music and whatnot. It's very annoying, please offer some advice on how to fix this.

- Updated DirectX, nVidia, motherboard, and sound drivers.
- Latest .NET framework and C++.
- Only happens while playing SWTOR; no other game produces said effects and I have A LOT of games on this rig to test.
- Started with patch 1.2; problem was nonexistent before then.

Win7 Prof.
Mobo - nForce 680i SLI
Video card - nVidia 9800 GTX
RAM - 4 gigs DDR2

Sutii
05.10.2012 , 11:06 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Jwhitless,

Could you please try to flush your DNS, instructions on how to do this are in the spoiler below, as well as following the steps outlined in our Connection Issues and Launcher Troubleshooting Guide threads.

Spoiler

If this fails to resolve your issue could you please reply here including a DxDiag report. Information on how to obtain this can be found here.

Thanks.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

huahtu
05.10.2012 , 11:12 PM | #3
The fix method is---- playing other games. I got this issue since 4/24 patch, and nearly check CS everyday for similiar cases like crash. 2.5 weeks passed, and from those threads, CS usually told you to do a lot of things, but almost all related players responsed: they followed all the trouble-shooting instructions and cannot get crash issue resolved. BW is busy in generating new bugs, so that they can fix minor bugs to claim that they are really improving this game.

BW did offer me 1 free month to play, but I guess that I don't have the chance to enjoy it. Thanks that I only need to wait 4 more days, I can totally say goodbye to SWTOR (I already cannot play this game, but after 5/15, I will not camp this forum any more).