Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why early summer for transfers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Why early summer for transfers?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Bayla
05.10.2012 , 07:23 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Bomyne View Post
Nerds who don't enjoy real games don't matter to me. And those 3.5 to 4 million probably got the game for free from WoW's Annual pass. I know I did. Blizzard isn't selling a single copy.
Blizzard reported 1.2 million annual pass holders. I'm not one of them and I was hoping to never go back to WoW. Bioware had made such incredible single player RPGS I really though this game would be it.

Fanboys who fail to see where this game is headed don't matter to me. By August, all 50 of you can stand together on the space station hold hands and sing "Kumbaya" while waiting 5 hours for a warzone queue to pop or for someone starting an ops that has room for your dps character.

wairuakaha
05.10.2012 , 07:42 PM | #12
Quite frankly, with ongoing game breaking (read: unable to instal patch and log into game) issues relating to the stupid launcher (they insist on using) after each major patch despite using brand new souped up machines skinny on software to avoid conflict issues, sparse server populations because consolidation / merger of servers is being dealt with like its never ever been done before in the history of mmorpg'ing, patches that introduce more bugs than there were before (i.e. fixes that break more than they mend requiring another cascade of fixes), etc etc etc ... frankly, its 2012, mmorpg and the science and tech to pull it off reasonably well (read: not perfectly well but reasonably well) has been invented and refined by others for some time now. The state this game is at and in light of recent news reports about falling subs, I wonder if the writing is on the wall for a sputtering end for what is essentially a great game with oceans of potential.

It leaves us to speculate what on earth is going on behind closed doors - is feedback actually being taken seriously, is short term revenue so paramount they are losing sight of the forest for the trees and ignoring fundamental issues that need to be resolved to maintain a good playing experience, I dunno, Im pretty puzzled