Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why early summer for transfers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Why early summer for transfers?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

HuntinSikness
05.09.2012 , 12:22 PM | #1
If you've already transferred people over to the APAC servers, why can't other players transfer now? My guild is interested in transferring to another server but most of them will probably have quit by 'early summer' with our server in its current state. We're PvPers on a recently deceased PvP server which means no PvP.
Guac <Republic's Elite> [Mandalore the Indomitable].

Smaois
05.09.2012 , 12:25 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings HuntinSikness,

Unfortunately, we do not have any further updates regarding this issue at the moment.

Please keep an eye on our website for further updates.

Smaois | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Roalmo
05.09.2012 , 12:25 PM | #3
Word on the street is Aussie sever transfers were all manual transfers.

They tryin to fix up automatic transfers for the rest of us.

HuntinSikness
05.09.2012 , 12:33 PM | #4

/sigh

Thanks for the response
Guac <Republic's Elite> [Mandalore the Indomitable].

Bayla
05.09.2012 , 12:34 PM | #5
SWTOR will be dead by summer. A good majority of servers are already ghost towns. They are going to be even worse after May 15 when Diablo 3 hits.

It seems Bioware is a reactive company rather than a proactive company, which is a big part of why this MMO is going down the tubes.

Glocnoar
05.09.2012 , 12:43 PM | #6
QFE

Its sadly true. More people are quitting than those that are joining... Without the servers being populated enough the que times for WZ are insanely long. Without a world pvp, there is nothing to do but wait...

StygianCloud
05.09.2012 , 01:53 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Bayla View Post
SWTOR will be dead by summer. A good majority of servers are already ghost towns. They are going to be even worse after May 15 when Diablo 3 hits.

It seems Bioware is a reactive company rather than a proactive company, which is a big part of why this MMO is going down the tubes.
As much as I agree that they need to be doing more than they are, especially in the CS department, I doubt it's as bad as that.

I imagine in the short term they will come down from their subscription high. Some of the attrition is due to people who were never going to stick around, some of it is from those who are fed up with bugs or bored with end game. But the Star Wars IP and re-playability will keep many people around long enough for it to get more stable and then there will probably be some exciting major content release that will get people interested, they will come back and find it in a much better experience than those who played from the start and subs will go up. I can see it at 2 or 3 million subs.

That's what I think, anyway.
Squadron 840

Bomyne
05.09.2012 , 02:48 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Bayla View Post

Why would anyone care if Diablo 3 is coming out. I sure don't.
"Sometimes, The obvious choice is the wrong choice."

Simil
05.09.2012 , 03:19 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Bomyne View Post
Why would anyone care if Diablo 3 is coming out. I sure don't.
A projected 3.5 to 4 million people apparently have different cares than you.

Bomyne
05.10.2012 , 12:52 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Simil View Post
A projected 3.5 to 4 million people apparently have different cares than you.
Nerds who don't enjoy real games don't matter to me. And those 3.5 to 4 million probably got the game for free from WoW's Annual pass. I know I did. Blizzard isn't selling a single copy.
"Sometimes, The obvious choice is the wrong choice."