Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's Killing SWTOR?

Valkirus
05.06.2012 , 04:47 PM | #271
Quote: Originally Posted by Krojack View Post
Yes it is a great game if:

1. It had more players logged in to make it worth while.
2. You could make a steady income of money from professions other then Biochem.
3. They fixed bugs a little faster. Perfect example: Item: Proton Torpedo Tube. Once you're out missiles still won't fire. It's been like this since the start of the game. I just gave up waiting and sold mine to a vendor.

About 40 of my WoW guild members came over to this game. Within two months half of them had already quit. Half of those that didn't quit since then.. The ones left now, like myself, log-in once a week to clear the new operation raid and that's it. We're already talking about what MMO to move to due to the three listed items above. D3 is another game we're gonna hit up.
Yep, players think the servers are low now..wait until D3 is released. While not a MMO as such, it is a very popular series, which many will play.
Trust is something which is earned.

EzoEo
05.06.2012 , 04:52 PM | #272
Quote: Originally Posted by JediElf View Post
Oh don't bet on it.

What's killing The Secret World?

It'll happen.....
Heh. You see these posts everytime a new MMO launches, some new super MMO is coming the same year which will kill off the current one the haters whine about.

Age of Conan was going to be killed of by Warhammer Online which in turn was going to killed off by Aion.

Aion was then going to killed of by Rift which in was going to killed by SW:TOR and now SW:TOR is going to killed off by GW2.

It's does make you wonder if people serial whine from MMO to MMO
Some people reactions to the Disney buy out.

Rasticles
05.07.2012 , 07:57 AM | #273
Quote: Originally Posted by harry_kpotter View Post
1. Dead server. Noone to play with --> NOT an MMO
2. Endless grind for PvP. No competitive aspect. Wouldn't help even if it was competitive cause of #1.
3. Buggy end game PvE.
4. Ugly armor sets. Why would i want epic armor if level 30 stuff looks cooler.
5. Dead economy. Probably cause of #1.

Reason: Poor lead design team. See my signature. The buck stops at him.......James Ohlen - the Man in Charge
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

Also, as a friendly reminder, the purpose of this blog is not to highlight the most talked about issues on the forums, but fun, interesting, and productive threads outside of General Discussion.

jarjarloves
05.07.2012 , 08:17 AM | #274
Quote: Originally Posted by Valkirus View Post
Yep, players think the servers are low now..wait until D3 is released. While not a MMO as such, it is a very popular series, which many will play.
Peiple said the same thing whe mass effect 3 came out and look hiw much that effected the game? Diablo 3isnt even going to have PVP at launch

RocNessMonster
05.07.2012 , 08:26 AM | #275
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghaiana View Post
55 servers standard or heavy, 30 light. Still more than half of the servers is not low.
Standard population starts around 350 players on the server. Anything less then 500 players is gamebreaking imo.
I need about tree fitty.

Pantheros
05.07.2012 , 08:28 AM | #276
No ranked war zones, broken and dead world pvp, ridiculously under-tuned raid content, no lfg tool, dead servers by the dozens, one-group content is fairly pointless and very uninteresting, general unhappiness with endgame appearance and customizability, uncouth developer behavior (the ranked war zone debacle is a pr nightmare and transparently greedy) etc, etc, etc

Eillack
05.07.2012 , 08:29 AM | #277
*Looks around, sees tons on players online and profits still being made*

Yup we are going down hill ....

The only thing, or at least a prime factor that could hurt TOR is it's elitist payerbase and legions of forum trolls.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

jarjarloves
05.07.2012 , 08:29 AM | #278
Quote: Originally Posted by RocNessMonster View Post
Standard population starts around 350 players on the server. Anything less then 500 players is gamebreaking imo.
1 do you have a kink that proves standard is 350 and above ?
2 key word is your opinion

Msicr
05.07.2012 , 08:31 AM | #279
The community is killing swtor, Enough of this ****, im going out for a walk
(███████████████ ||]{{{{O}}}}[|| ███████████████)

BoyWonder
05.07.2012 , 08:31 AM | #280
You need to be able to play the game first, so the lack of bug hunting is killing the game.
Never Forget - HAN SHOT FIRST