jedi and sith taunt

Ghosttitan

How many people would think it would be cool if you were a tank you used your taunt on an enemy player and they automatically target you so that way the healer or dps can get away. Then i think we would see a rise in the amounts of tanks in the servers because now they can truly be helpful and this would reward the player with some bonus achievements to improve their score in Warzones.

Another tactic bioware could use is, now this wont happen for a long while due to the hard work it takes to program something like this but, pvp encounters. For example anyone who did the bonus series for Nar Shaddaa and completed all the heroic 4's there know what i'm talking about from the Republic point of view. Because for one of the heroic 4's we had to invade an imperial stronghold in order to take the elevator to the quest. Bioware should have more of these events where empire and republic toons engage each other in random combat. It would act sort of like warzones but everyone gets an invite and it would say something like taking empire/republic base click yes or no. Then it would be divided by levels so the 20-29 range would attack some outpost and then the 30-39 would attack a different one and only if you were in that level range could you attack or defend the base or recieve the invite. While this is happening though the taxi for that base is deactivated so no 3rd party participants outside of the level range can participate then when it is over the winner gets rewarded and the loser gets rewarded. Every one is teleported away back to where they were before the invite and it seems like nothing has happened. It could be intteresting.

How many people would think it would be cool if you were a tank you used your taunt on an enemy player and they automatically target you so that way the healer or dps can get away. Then i think we would see a rise in the amounts of tanks in the servers because now they can truly be helpful and this would reward the player with some bonus achievements to improve their score in Warzones.

As it is taunt reduces damage output by 30%, which is a pretty big dip. Add in a 50% reduction from guard and the healer doesn't need to run away at all, just heal through. There's lots of tanks out there in PvP, you just don't notice because they would rather DPS.

I like it the way it is.

AoE taunt a group focusing a guy,switch to soresu and throw a guard on him and even though hes getting focused by like 3 players only 20% of their damage is actually going through

As it is taunt reduces damage output by 30%, which is a pretty big dip. Add in a 50% reduction from guard and the healer doesn't need to run away at all, just heal through. There's lots of tanks out there in PvP, you just don't notice because they would rather DPS.

This. I play with an amazing jugg who generally pulls 100k - 300k protection for his healer every warzone, and we laugh it up in vent the entire time as people are focusing the healer and he's racking up points.

Best thing to hear on vent, "You're invincible for 6 seconds."

Honestly you want the enemy to continue ignoring you after you taunted them, because his damage -30% sure is far less on whoever else he is hitting compared to hitting you. If taunt forced a target switch, all that does is made whoever you taunt immediately aware of what happened and he'd do the right thing by hitting 3 keys and then switch back to his original target (unless that guy is about to die). The only way this would be beneficial is that you're counting on the horrid tab-targetting of this game so that when you force a target switch, whoever switched his target might never be able to target his original target again. Granted, this is actually quite possible, but I don't think you should rely on a bad targetting system to build an ability around.

Taunts should be going off regardless of what spec or role you play.

Yeppers. I'm just starting to level a Sin and almost pooped when I bought my Taunt. I hadn't realized even non-tank Sins would get it. Makes me feel so much more useful.

Honestly you want the enemy to continue ignoring you after you taunted them, because his damage -30% sure is far less on whoever else he is hitting compared to hitting you. If taunt forced a target switch, all that does is made whoever you taunt immediately aware of what happened and he'd do the right thing by hitting 3 keys and then switch back to his original target (unless that guy is about to die). The only way this would be beneficial is that you're counting on the horrid tab-targetting of this game so that when you force a target switch, whoever switched his target might never be able to target his original target again. Granted, this is actually quite possible, but I don't think you should rely on a bad targetting system to build an ability around.

This guy gets it.

The only way this would be beneficial is that you're counting on the horrid tab-targetting of this game so that when you force a target switch, whoever switched his target might never be able to target his original target again. Granted, this is actually quite possible, but I don't think you should rely on a bad targetting system to build an ability around.

Sad but so, so true. At least it made me smile...