Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The end of the arguement. Is SWTOR in decline? Can it be saved?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The end of the arguement. Is SWTOR in decline? Can it be saved?

Saltydogg
05.02.2012 , 11:17 PM | #571
Quote: Originally Posted by doctor_atomic View Post
I love the child-like innocence of posts like this. Ignore what the devs wanted to do with the game, ignore how much it would cost to redesign the game into a sandbox, just clap your hands and not only will Tinkerbell live but the devs will be able to change the game totally over night!
So explain to me exactally what the dev's want to do with this game? Also making something into a sandbox is not a total redesign of the game. All you need to do is add in a few sandbox planets that actually work unlike Illum
Saltydogg the real mmo dog

Laleilou
05.02.2012 , 11:21 PM | #572
During the morning hours up to 2pm there are no warzones in my server, shortly after that, it starts picking up slowly with a collective effort of about twenty 50s covering both sides, rotating their turns in the wzs. This spell can last for about 2-3 hours before prime time. When prime time comes, we usually see double that number for its duration, and upon its conclusion, come 11pm, the queues cease to appear.

My greatest regret is that Bioware didn't take from its competition the elements that really matter, and those are quality of life. Although severely anonymous communities found in LFG systems may desensitize all meaningful interactions, the systems themselves promote progress and indefinite casual play.

I believe Bioware was so ruthlessly focused on bringing this game out in time, that they forgot which year they were releasing it, and that is a year where primitive mmo characteristics cannot hold their weight with the rest.

Sometimes I like to think what it would have been if these resources would have been invested in making a true KOTOR sequel.

Esoda
05.02.2012 , 11:43 PM | #573
Quote: Originally Posted by Leggomy View Post
Only advice I can give is if you dont like vanilla then dont eat it.
Well, I don't wanna waste any vanilla and Im stuck with it for a couple weeks until the chocolate arrives.
AMD Phenom II x 4 955 Black Edition (OC'd 3.8Ghz)
8 Gig Corsair XMS DDR3 1600
MSI NF980-G65 AM3 NVIDIA nForce 980a SLI
Nvidia GTX 460 x 2 SLI

JeramieCrowe
05.02.2012 , 11:51 PM | #574
Quote: Originally Posted by Esoda View Post
Well, I don't wanna waste any vanilla and Im stuck with it for a couple weeks until the chocolate arrives.
Actually, you're not. Take a break. Do something else. Life's full of choices.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Goretzu
05.03.2012 , 02:12 AM | #575
Quote: Originally Posted by Saltydogg View Post
So explain to me exactally what the dev's want to do with this game? Also making something into a sandbox is not a total redesign of the game. All you need to do is add in a few sandbox planets that actually work unlike Illum
Gotta hope we see something back for Ilum before 2013.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Goretzu
05.03.2012 , 02:14 AM | #576
Quote: Originally Posted by Enochx View Post
Not once did Bioware ever say that this will be a sandbox MMO. This is and always has been the intended design mistake.

Fixed your post!

They did say they'd have RvR (or the artist formerly known as RvR anyway ...... it didn't really though, it was just terrible, and now even that's been removed).
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Lord_Ravenhurst
05.03.2012 , 02:45 AM | #577
Quote: Originally Posted by Enscar View Post
I for one would like to see a move away from the current "world design" in future content, to be more "open world" these are planets we're landing on... Right now they feel like 'maps' in a single player game. This is a huge deal to me personally for the feel of the game. I just can't 'get into it' like I can with other open world MMO's.
Letīs hope for future planets they will not make the same mistake twice...

Jydradi
05.04.2012 , 06:42 PM | #578
#1 Server populations ALWAYS dip in EVERY MMO 4-9 months after release. Every MMO ever has experienced this (exept that one that got canclled a month after release, can't remember the name)

#2 EA's problems have a great deal less than with SWTOR than they do with being named the worst company of the year, their ongoing employee relations problems (read strait up employee abuse) a vast line of repetitive, sub par games and their mad dash to buy their companies that they can't afford to maintain.

#3 SWTOR was released too early, we all know this. This is partly because they bit off more than they could chew with everything they wanted to do with the game, and partly because (according to rumor) the game was about to get cancelled if they didn't release because of going way the frak and gone over budget.

Bottom line is this: Even WoW had these problems at first. If Bioware can pull their head out and put out some of the basic quality of life features that should have been in there since launch that MMO's NEED to survive, SWTOR will be fine.

I plan to keep supporting the game till it gets those things. I'm willing to do that to get and end product that will really shine.
___Passion gives me strength, but my CHAINS set me free!___
O{[[[[[[[[[}O###~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~###O{]]]]]]]]]}O
---Ihairei Imatame, Jedi Dancer, Sunrunner SWG---