Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch Notes reading "X changed to Y #/credits/damage/etc." You aren't fooling anyone.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Patch Notes reading "X changed to Y #/credits/damage/etc." You aren't fooling anyone.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Felioats
05.01.2012 , 10:19 AM | #1
We know that unless it says "increased," it's a reduction, so why not provide all the information? I want to know what it was reduced from; how significant the nerf was.

I promise it won't send me into a frothy nerd rage. I'm actually more annoyed (and even a little insulted) by the omission of this information.
>

Andryah
05.01.2012 , 10:20 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Felioats View Post
We know that unless it says "increased," it's a reduction, so why not provide all the information? I want to know what it was reduced from; how significant the nerf was.

I promise it won't send me into a frothy nerd rage. I'm actually more annoyed (and even a little insulted) by the omission of this information.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Roshe
05.01.2012 , 10:36 AM | #3
I promise it won't send me into a frothy nerd rage.
You sure about that?

Andryah
05.01.2012 , 10:42 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Roshe View Post
You sure about that?
LOL.. yeah... I think I just saw some drip on his keyboard.

OP, MMOs are meant to be explored. If they told you every single detail in the patch, including specific numbers, you would complain that Bioware is revealing spoilers and that you have no reason to log and check things out.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Felioats
05.01.2012 , 11:32 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
LOL.. yeah... I think I just saw some drip on his keyboard.

OP, MMOs are meant to be explored. If they told you every single detail in the patch, including specific numbers, you would complain that Bioware is revealing spoilers and that you have no reason to log and check things out.
Since the data being omitted is no longer in the game, it's not there to be explored, is it?

And I can't say I've ever been excited to log in to check out a tooltip, in any case.

FROTH FROTH FROTH

>

AllisonBerryman
05.01.2012 , 11:37 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Is there a particular note you'd like more information about? We do want to include specific information about increases and reductions where possible (you'll notice many notes with "reduced x by y (down from z)" ), but some notes may not have as detailed information as others. We'll continue working to make sure notes are as detailed as possible - we know the information is important!

Felioats
05.01.2012 , 11:48 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Is there a particular note you'd like more information about? We do want to include specific information about increases and reductions where possible (you'll notice many notes with "reduced x by y (down from z)" ), but some notes may not have as detailed information as others. We'll continue working to make sure notes are as detailed as possible - we know the information is important!
The example that led me to create this post is from today's patch notes:

Quote:
The weekly Nightmare Pilgrim mission now rewards 4 Black Hole Commendations.
I'm pretty sure it used to be 6. And that's cool -- like I said, I just like knowing what it was changed from.

Thanks!
>

AllisonBerryman
05.01.2012 , 11:54 AM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks for the response! I'll see if I can get more specific information about the note. We'll also continue working to make sure our notes are as detailed as we can make them - we may not be able to provide all details for every note, but it's our goal to make sure they're clear and informative!

edit: I inquired about this note, and it appears this was a bugfix and that this particular mission was not granting commendations as intended!

Wellsprings
05.01.2012 , 02:19 PM | #9

I'm pretty sure it used to be 6. And that's cool -- like I said, I just like knowing what it was changed from.

Thanks!
It didn't used to be anything... We've killed it twice and for both weekly's, it only gave money. Nothing in the item slots in the quest reward window.

Catalyst

OmegaMayhem
05.01.2012 , 02:37 PM | #10
The example that led me to create this post is from today's patch notes:

Thanks!
It was actually ZERO.