Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to Complete HM Flashpoints

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Unable to Complete HM Flashpoints
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

scullzomben
04.30.2012 , 08:47 AM | #1
I am having the following issue. I have submitted a ticket to Bioware, but got a typical auto-generated "Nothing we can do about it" response.

I walk up to the quest giver for a Hard Mode Flashpoint (In this example, lets say Black Talon). I start the conversation, and accept the option to Start [Hard Mode]. I then check my quest log, and I have Hard Flashpoint: The Black Talon. I then zone in to the instance. Upon zoning in to the Flashpoint, I also receive the Normal Flashpoint: The Black Talon mission. As I progress through it, the Flashpoint only updates for the Normal Mode, and NOT the Hard Mode. All enemies inside the Flashpoint are level 50.

This started at approx. 7:30pm AEST on server Master Dar Nala. The first Flashpoint this happened on was Boarding Party.

I have tried resetting local phases. Many times. I have tried abandoning the quest and picking it up again. Neither of these helped.

I have never noticed the Hard Mode Flashpoint acting like this before. Have they recently been changed to act like this? I am much too paranoid to go through the whole Flashpoint just to have it not give me any rewards.

What is the point of this thread then? I'm just hoping to get a bit more of an acknowledgment and/or clarification from a Bioware Employee, or even some more things to try from the community.

Thanks,

JFerret
04.30.2012 , 10:17 AM | #2
This is how HM Flashpoints work. As long as the doorway you enter is purple with a logo on it and the enemies are lvl 50 then you are in a HM. You think it would be a normal Black Talon run with enemies at lvl 50? That would be a bit tough for any lvl 10 to accomplish do you not think?

Tirvaak
04.30.2012 , 11:50 AM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by scullzomben View Post
I am having the following issue. I have submitted a ticket to Bioware, but got a typical auto-generated "Nothing we can do about it" response.

I walk up to the quest giver for a Hard Mode Flashpoint (In this example, lets say Black Talon). I start the conversation, and accept the option to Start [Hard Mode]. I then check my quest log, and I have Hard Flashpoint: The Black Talon. I then zone in to the instance. Upon zoning in to the Flashpoint, I also receive the Normal Flashpoint: The Black Talon mission. As I progress through it, the Flashpoint only updates for the Normal Mode, and NOT the Hard Mode. All enemies inside the Flashpoint are level 50.

This started at approx. 7:30pm AEST on server Master Dar Nala. The first Flashpoint this happened on was Boarding Party.

I have tried resetting local phases. Many times. I have tried abandoning the quest and picking it up again. Neither of these helped.

I have never noticed the Hard Mode Flashpoint acting like this before. Have they recently been changed to act like this? I am much too paranoid to go through the whole Flashpoint just to have it not give me any rewards.

What is the point of this thread then? I'm just hoping to get a bit more of an acknowledgment and/or clarification from a Bioware Employee, or even some more things to try from the community.

Thanks,
Hi scullzomben,

I think I may be able to help you with this problem. I'll use the Black Talon as an example in this case as it will be easier to explain.

When you talk to the NPC outside the flashpoint, he gives you the option for story or hard mode. You select Hard mode and after the conversation you will see the HM mission in your log. Once you enter the flashpoint you will start the mission chain that leads you through the different stages.

This is the where I think there may be some confusion. The missions you pick up once you are inside the Black Talon will show as a level 10(not sure of the exact level but something close to this). The Hard mode mission itself is only for the completion of the flashpoint and is not associated with the missions that you pick up during your time in the Black Talon.

Once you have completed the flashpoint the Hard Mode mission should then complete for you.

I hope this helps.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support