Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Some observations concerning sound glitches

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Some observations concerning sound glitches

04.30.2012 , 01:45 AM | #1
So when I have been playing during the day (aka peak times) this weekend, I noticed that within an hour or two the sound glitches would hit: ambient noises not playing, voiceovers not playing, etc. But I played all night long as well and when I logged back in at 10pm and played till 3am, never once did the sound glitch out. Possibly have something to do with server population?

Also, when the voiceovers stop working, the lips do not move, but the text still plays at the bottom.

Just an FYI to the devs.

04.30.2012 , 01:57 AM | #2
I've actually had some observations about the issue as well.

I've been playing my Sith Inquisitor for a few days now, started with Balmorra now heading to Alderaan. I've had the sound bugging out while I was on my trooper since patch, but nothing yet on my inquisitor. I hope that's a coincidence and not faction related, because that would be very bad if the latter was true.

3 - 4 day grace period so far. It's weird, but awesome.

Course I may be jinxing myself by stating this. >.>

On that note, friend of mine just recently started to experience the issue. He noted that it could possibly be a memory leak issue, as he only has the issue the longer he's on, much like others I think.

Food for thought.
Best way to interrogate a Jedi? Send in the stripper!

04.30.2012 , 03:29 AM | #3
I am almost 100% sure the sound bug is linked to the Inquisitor Shock Spell. Mainly because afterwards all I hear is flickering electricity.

04.30.2012 , 11:38 AM | #4
Odd that you should mention that, I had been playing a trooper. As for the memory leak, well, why did it not do that before 1.2, and it did not do it last night when I played for 5 hours.

I have not noticed any particular spell that triggers it, but I will pay more attention to that.

It sucks cause I used to go by sound for when I should actvate a new action, now I have to stare intently at my spell bars. Boo