Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

SetPoint issue and fix

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Daimyon's Avatar


Daimyon
04.30.2012 , 09:18 AM | #1
I posted a while back about getting SetPoint to be able to utilize the mouse 4 and 5 buttons. However, lately after the legacy patch, I noticed I was having some issues with the program not recognizing the custom setup for SWTOR after the game loads into a new zone, causing me to have to close the program and reopen it. This was very annoying to say the least.

After some testing and monkeying around with the program, the solution I've found was this. Under the game settings tab, the section that says Game Detection, keep it enabled, but un-check the option that says 'Apply Game Settings when a game is detected'. This will keep the game settings and stop the program from constantly trying to reapply itself every loading screen.

Beesodd's Avatar


Beesodd
04.30.2012 , 09:32 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Daimyon,

Thank you for reporting this fix. Hopefully this will help out any other players who have this issue.

Thanks again.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Metalmac's Avatar


Metalmac
04.30.2012 , 10:07 AM | #3
Do not used SETPOINT software. Use Windows 7 and the mouse 4 and 5 buttons work fine for me.

Logictech software is horrid at being written correctly and sucks. Not that Bio Ware is better but Windows 7 works.

Murcius's Avatar


Murcius
04.30.2012 , 10:18 AM | #4
I have never had this problem with SetPoint . Make sure you have the latest version of if, I believe it is ver. 6.32. I use SetPoint for my G9 and Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I even mapped mouse button 4 to ctrl and it works with all of my keybinds in game.

Daimyon's Avatar


Daimyon
04.30.2012 , 11:06 AM | #5
I should have specified that I'm using a Logitech MX Revolution mouse, and I tackled the issue with the mouse 4 and 5 buttons in a different thread. This particular issue was in reference to SetPoint's application specific settings not working after certain loading screens, not just a few buttons, but all of the assigned keystrokes not functioning. They work when the game loads the first time, but stop working after a load or screen transition. This fix was to deal with that.

It may also be that my computer is not as fast as most, and loading screens are a bit more clunky at times, especially when zoning into huge areas, so that may have something to do with it. However, I just wanted to post this in hopes that it would help others out in a similar situation who experience this.