Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Where to from here?

Afflixo
04.30.2012 , 09:48 AM | #1
Once upon a time this game worked.
I have followed customer services workarounds. I have contacted support via email as instructed.
I have sent my installer logs, dxdiag log, and launcher logs. I have done the chkdsk and memtest. I have run the installer and downloaded and then ran damn launcher in safe mode and I have been stuck downloading 40 odd GB of data that just keeps wanting to repair 12 files.
Its not working.
"Madness is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. "
The "escalated" people have stopped responding.
"Please do not hesitate to contact us again if there is anything further we can help you with. Galactic support is our specialty ..."

So where to from here?
Who offers resolution when support stops or cant fix the issue?

Metalmac
04.30.2012 , 09:57 AM | #2
Sadly Bio Ware uses the entire customer base as a BETA TESTER.

They shut down the test server and pretty much ignored everything they were told was wrong.

Turns out they debug after they release a patch and have proven this after numerous weeks of re patchs.

The 2 times a week shutdowns of servers are attempts to fix the problem, but it is managment not programmers.

Afflixo
04.30.2012 , 10:17 AM | #3
I just copied my old MMO folder over and ran the launcher. Updated itself without needing repair. I didnt need to download any setup.exe either. Run mem tests and chkdsk etc etc.. Just simplicity.
I have 8 days of my subscription left and if the game was running sweet then I would stay. Some people have nothing but good experiences.
To be honest I enjoyed it when it worked. It may be worth while coming back in 6 months to a year, if they are beta testing the community and seeing how far they have come (lets face it Diablo 3 is coming out and who hasn't already booked leave in the calendars at work and saved their vouchers for crates of coffee).