Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why are mobs respawning when Iīm alone on a planet?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why are mobs respawning when Iīm alone on a planet?

Lord_Ravenhurst
04.30.2012 , 05:04 AM | #1
I see the reason for respawning of mobs if there are a lot of players around in the same area, but why do they respawn if there is no one around? This just does not make sense, also itīs a real immersion breaker - you never feel like you have an impact on the world, or actually "cleaned" an area of mobs - the same with destroying crates, speeders or detonators - 2 minutes later itīs all reset. Why? I donīt even see other players around on my ghost town server most of the time.

jgelling
04.30.2012 , 05:07 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
I see the reason for respawning of mobs if there are a lot of players around in the same area, but why do they respawn if there is no one around? This just does not make sense, also itīs a real immersion breaker - you never feel like you have an impact on the world, or actually "cleaned" an area of mobs - the same with destroying crates, speeders or detonators - 2 minutes later itīs all reset. Why? I donīt even see other players around on my ghost town server most of the time.
Just imagine you're in a real world like the Twilight Zone - that scary episode where everything is fake and made of plastic and it turns out you're in a child's doll house.

But really, if they didn't respawn what if you needed to kill a particular type of enemy for a mission or just for more looting - would you rather have to run even further to do so?

FantasyWriter
04.30.2012 , 05:12 AM | #3
Yeah and the game doesn't change spawn times based on how many people are currently on your planet. The only place you won't get re-spawns is in instanced areas. Well, actually mobs re-spawn there after a while too. :P
Master Drindaar Lightkeeper - Human - Jedi Sage - Light V - lvl 50
Lieutenant Varick Lightkeeper - Cyborg - Commando - Light III - lvl 28

ViciousFett
04.30.2012 , 05:15 AM | #4
What if you were the only person on the planet and you were trying to farm for a certain loot drop. You'd be pretty bummed if nothing respawned...
The Vicious Legacy
My referral link
CE VIP