Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

server ping so lag

oakamp's Avatar


oakamp
03.25.2012 , 07:09 AM | #1
why ping lag from 15x to 17xxx on TS and IE server science last patch?
what r u doing EA/BW?
English is not my first language, still working on it.

Talkarr's Avatar


Talkarr
03.25.2012 , 07:29 AM | #2
My ping is fine, i get somewhere between 15-50 depending on my own network usage and server load. Maybe you have a bad internet connection, or a port is blocked.
.
Collectors Edition holder!

TheOnlyKyrenS's Avatar


TheOnlyKyrenS
03.25.2012 , 07:48 AM | #3
75% of the time, all network issues are on your side. Try powercycling your router, renewing your ip, and whatever else may help reset your connection.
Quote: Originally Posted by corbanite View Post
oh great more constructive criticism.. god knows why some people think there are haters on this forum

oakamp's Avatar


oakamp
03.25.2012 , 08:31 AM | #4
wrong,
my local network is fine,
i can play normal at asia server, ping 35x,
but ping 1xxx at west pvp server,
the reason must be EA's fault.
English is not my first language, still working on it.

corbanite's Avatar


corbanite
03.25.2012 , 08:35 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by oakamp View Post
wrong,
my local network is fine,
i can play normal at asia server, ping 35x,
but ping 1xxx at west pvp server,
the reason must be EA's fault.
What server?

maybe post this in customer service forum

have you done a tracert?

That's unusual people blaming EA for something that goes wrong without doing any investigation into the actual cause.

Vahzl's Avatar


Vahzl
03.25.2012 , 08:38 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by oakamp View Post
wrong,
my local network is fine,
i can play normal at asia server, ping 35x,
but ping 1xxx at west pvp server,
the reason must be EA's fault.
You are wrong, and should try to understand that yours is the first ping/latency thread I have seen on these forums. There are no connection or latency issues with this game, but judging by your broken english, im assuming you connect from somewhere outside of the US/european bracket, and I guess you use either a proxy, internet cafe, or wirelesss connection.

Either way, the faults with you because everyone else is fine.
Click here to visit my Videogames Review Site
@XtraLifeBastion <-- Follow me on Twitter!
"I stopped eating McDonalds last year, but this doesn't mean I should write them a tear filled letter telling them why I have done so, I just don't give them money and don't go into the restaurants"

WNxAres's Avatar


WNxAres
03.25.2012 , 08:39 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by oakamp View Post
wrong,
my local network is fine,
i can play normal at asia server, ping 35x,
but ping 1xxx at west pvp server,
the reason must be EA's fault.
Where are you located physically? In the US? Another country? And what server are you playing on? West Coast PvP Server?

You have to take all of that into account.

I just read "i can play normal at asia server, ping 35x, but ping 1xxx at west pvp server. YEAH NO REALLY. lmao from what it looks like you are located in ASIA when the west coast pvp server is located in AMERICA. They are very far from each other if you haven't noticed. So that would be the answer for your 1xxx connection... not their fault, yours. You live 1000+ miles away from the west coast server and you're complaining about a 1xxxms connection? Stick to your asia servers and you'll be fine.

StarRapier's Avatar


StarRapier
04.25.2012 , 02:42 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Vahzl View Post
You are wrong, and should try to understand that yours is the first ping/latency thread I have seen on these forums. There are no connection or latency issues with this game, but judging by your broken english, im assuming you connect from somewhere outside of the US/european bracket, and I guess you use either a proxy, internet cafe, or wirelesss connection.

Either way, the faults with you because everyone else is fine.
It's not his fault. You are an idiot.

I'm from Canada, recently moved to Korea. When I play on an NA server from my home in Korea my ping is around 150. When I play on an Asia server from my home in Korea my ping is around 350-450. It is very unlikely that my network suddenly has issues only when I play on the Asia servers, miraculously fixes itself when I switch to a character on an NA server and suddenly gets worse when I transfer back 5 minutes later. And yes I have seen my ping spiking to around 1000 consistently, but never goes above 200 on the NA servers. What's more is that the Asia server I'm on has always had this kind of lag.