Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Login Server Unavailable ... *le sigh*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Login Server Unavailable ... *le sigh*
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DJBurningStar
04.25.2012 , 01:26 AM | #1
This is driving me insane.. I've checked forum posts about this, and nothing seems to work for me. My internet dropped for a few minutes, and when it came back, the launcher kept giving me this "Login Service Unavailable" error... I've tried with the date/time settings, flushing DNS, restarting my computer, resetting the modem, fixing the launcher, I even re-installed the launcher... Now I get a "Unable to retrieve patch data. Please check network connection" error.. Connection is stable, but the launcher just won't connect. Right when I was gonna pvp with my husband What do I do?

Cerimon
04.25.2012 , 02:07 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings DJBurningStar,

We would like you to test you are able to connect to our servers.

In order to do this please follow the steps below (please note these may be different depending on the OS the you are using):
  • Click the start button.
  • Type Run in the search bar.
  • Type CMD in the run box and push enter.
  • When the CMD window opens type “ping Launchpad.swtor.com”.

If you receive an error "Request timed out" in result of this test or experience packet loss during this procedure,
this would mean there is a network issue or a program on your computer blocking your connection to the server.

Programs responsible for this could include firewalls, anti-virus programs, peer to peer clients, peer blockers, curse client and many other assorted programs that could be causing a conflict with the launcher. So when attempting to troubleshoot these issues ensure there are no third party programs running at the same time, ensure the firewall and anti-virus exceptions are present for both swtor.exe and launcher.exe.

Please try running the Launcher again.
If you still have an issue at this point please continue with the following troubleshooting steps:

To create a System Restore point by using System Restore, follow these steps:
  1. Click Start, right-click Computer, and then click Properties.
  2. In the task pane, click the System protection link. If you are prompted for an administrator password or
    for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
  3. Click Create on the lower-right corner of the System Properties dialog box.
  4. In the System Protection dialog box, type a suitable name in the box. For example, type Computer before
    network changes, and then click Create.
  5. As soon as the restore point is successfully created, the following notification is displayed:
    The restore point was created successfully.
  6. Click OK two times.

Reset the Winsocket Protocol: click the following link then save and run the downloaded file.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9662461

Reset TCP/IP to its original state: click the following link then save and run the downloaded file.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9664547

After all of these steps you should be able to patch the game client successfully.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and Thank You for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

DJBurningStar
04.25.2012 , 02:09 AM | #3
Thank you for your help, but somehow, after many tries, it fixed itself magically heh.