Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch Download Issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Randgalt
04.24.2012 , 12:00 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Dalig View Post
They have no idea how to fix the repair loop issue. They have taken to using the same copy and paste response trying to blame peoples hardware. The way to fix it is to simply let it run in the infinite repair loop until it gets through and finally is able to DL all of the files or if you are like myself, the only fix seems to be to uninstall the game and start from scratch after every patch.

... snip ...

I wish you all luck and hope that you are able to get through to the patcher and get into the game. As for me I will reload the game if the "repair" doesn't work and it will be the last time I do so and I only do this to take advantage of the free month.
Post of the month. You've summarized it perfectly.

TaKe_NoTeZ
04.24.2012 , 01:32 PM | #22
Just had to cut my losses and reinstall..on DSL this really blows I've never had a game suck this bad at patching.

Broncomen
04.24.2012 , 03:51 PM | #23
And sadly this post just got ignored. Sigh.

voimei
04.24.2012 , 04:04 PM | #24
Interesting just got the game reinstalled after the fiasco of friday 13th. Downloading the 12 ish gig of data, main assets 1 ?? my swtor file now contains 47 gig of data with 5 gig still too download.

I have posted several times the data they asked for with not one reply!!

My memory is fine, windows mem test and that crappy one they suggest too use, all clear. My hardrive is fine, i have performed clean uninstalls and made sure i defarg and then do another cleanup after just so nothing is missed. Oh and yes my drivers are tiptop.

Will see if it actually installs or finishes the download before i really start too vent.
BFG for the win

Broncomen
04.24.2012 , 04:15 PM | #25
I have uninstalled and copied a backup that was updated as of yesterday....and same issue.

voimei
04.25.2012 , 01:55 AM | #26
New launcher logs

Spoiler

Spoiler
BFG for the win