Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free 30 days costing me 26 bucks

Odacon
04.24.2012 , 06:31 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Total-Khaos View Post
Most financial institutions will reverse an overdraft fee if you bring your balance to a positive level the same business day. Give yours a call to see if they partake in that practice, or look for overdraft fee information on their website.
yes i have and it's called the check gaurentee fee and its 26 for an overage for anywhere from .01 to 1 million and i rather pay bioware to help with the solution to my problem than contact my bank because i'd rather not have to do that for something that isn't my fault or is something that is just a big misunderstanding.

Alynore
04.24.2012 , 07:20 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Odacon View Post
My billing date is the 19th of each month so as always on the 19th i checked my bank account to see if i had any pending transactions and i did not, so i thought the free 30 days were credited to my TOR account, i checked my bank account today and i have a pending transaction for TOR on it that will clear tomorrow on the 25th first thing in the morning when the banks open 9am pst. the problem for me is that i do not have the cash on hand to cover the pending transaction today but i get my pay check in the mail tomorrow at 10am pst, so i cant fund my account in time causing a 26 dollar overdraft fee if i had been billed on the 19th it would have been funded, after reading the forums i have a better understanding of what happened, the extra days credited to my TOR account caused my bank account to be billed later and my billing date caused my free 30 days to be retroactive for the following month, if i knew this on the 19th i could have avoided this. having said that the only solution that i can think of is if the pending transaction is postponed till the 26th, Im happy to pay for the extra day and will pay a fee if needed it would save me more money then it will cost me. PS. sorry for the wall of text.
Few problems with this post. First, Bioware post in your account information on this site when you will be charged next. Secondly, you cant be charged the 19th of every month. Bioware bills on a number of days bassis. Since you stated monthly, its fair to say you chose the 30 day subscription payments. This does not mean you will pay on the same day every month. Some months have 29 days, 30, 31 days. Therefore you would never pay on the same day every single month. Third, asking for help in a public forum for help isnt going to get you anywhere. You would have to contact BioWare customer service. At this point, if BioWare has authorized a payment and its in a pending status, its going to go through. Specially if your bank (or Credit Union) said it was going to hit on a specific day.

Next, something doesnt seem to be right about a pending payment. Did you opt to allow for overdraft to happen? You have to request for overdraft to be allowed for them to allow a transaction to come through when there is no available funds. Otherwise the transaction would have declined. If you opted to allow overdraft to happen, the fee would be your fault as you request for that service.

Any who, your best bet would be to contact your bank after the pending transaction has definately went through and work it out with them. If its not a repeating issue they are usually very good at refunding the fee back.

Laenar
04.24.2012 , 07:30 PM | #13
Forgive me for being an ***, but this is what my father would have said to me if i had been in your situation:

Dad: "So.... You knew you were going to get billed for this game on the 19th and you had the money available, right? Then you didn't see the charge on the 19th, but still knew it was coming. Hmmm, then let me ask you this, son. Why the hell did you spend the money you had, knowing you were going to be billed, on something else?"

Me/You: "Well dad, Katy McHotty said she would do <fill in the blank as you see fit> if i bought her a <fill in the blank>" (or whatever it was that caused you to spend money that you knew was meant for something else)

Dad: "Hope you enjoyed <blank> since it cost you $26 more than you thought it would."

Odacon
04.25.2012 , 12:09 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Alynore View Post
Few problems with this post. First, Bioware post in your account information on this site when you will be charged next. Secondly, you cant be charged the 19th of every month. Bioware bills on a number of days bassis. Since you stated monthly, its fair to say you chose the 30 day subscription payments. This does not mean you will pay on the same day every month. Some months have 29 days, 30, 31 days. Therefore you would never pay on the same day every single month. Third, asking for help in a public forum for help isnt going to get you anywhere. You would have to contact BioWare customer service. At this point, if BioWare has authorized a payment and its in a pending status, its going to go through. Specially if your bank (or Credit Union) said it was going to hit on a specific day.

Next, something doesnt seem to be right about a pending payment. Did you opt to allow for overdraft to happen? You have to request for overdraft to be allowed for them to allow a transaction to come through when there is no available funds. Otherwise the transaction would have declined. If you opted to allow overdraft to happen, the fee would be your fault as you request for that service.

Any who, your best bet would be to contact your bank after the pending transaction has definately went through and work it out with them. If its not a repeating issue they are usually very good at refunding the fee back.
interesting post but not the kind of feedback im looking for thank you for the post though

Odacon
04.25.2012 , 12:24 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Laenar View Post
Forgive me for being an ***, but this is what my father would have said to me if i had been in your situation:

Dad: "So.... You knew you were going to get billed for this game on the 19th and you had the money available, right? Then you didn't see the charge on the 19th, but still knew it was coming. Hmmm, then let me ask you this, son. Why the hell did you spend the money you had, knowing you were going to be billed, on something else?"

Me/You: "Well dad, Katy McHotty said she would do <fill in the blank as you see fit> if i bought her a <fill in the blank>" (or whatever it was that caused you to spend money that you knew was meant for something else)

Dad: "Hope you enjoyed <blank> since it cost you $26 more than you thought it would."
True and i like your quote i should have known better but hindsight is 20/20, thank you for the post.