Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Detailed Companion List

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Detailed Companion List

Toogeloo
04.08.2012 , 10:19 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
Xalek is tank
Xalek is actually a interesting companion. He has tanking abilities, but his DPS is just as good as Ashara's due to his unique Lightning attacks. Unlike many Tanks trying to DPS, he actually pulls it off marvelously. I use him with my Tankasin and he destroys mobs with ease.

I also like Xalek because he has a Grey alignment. On Corellia, I got many Light Side gains and Dark Side gains with him.

Necodreus
04.09.2012 , 12:40 PM | #22
I applaud you effort and help you are trying to give and I don't want to give bad news but there are a lot of mistakes here, and Goshee has a listing like this already. Here is a link in the crew skills forum its the second post by goshee so it buried a lil to find. Copy that give him and the people who helped some credit and it will make that list more noticable.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=530

Edit... I tried to copy/paste that list but my phone froze when i tried lol.
Primary Edict: Cut from the void, not from bewilderment. Cut the enemy as quickly as possible. Cut with certainty. Cut decisively, resolutely. Cut into his strength. Flow through the gaps in his guard. Cut him. Cut him down utterly. Don't allow him a breath. Cut him without mercy to the depths of his spirit. It is the balance to life: death. Squadron 238B

Heniter
04.12.2012 , 03:12 AM | #23
One thing i have noticed is that there are two types of companion tank characters one type is the usual tank that has taunt and taunt everyone around them characters like Khem and Qyzen. Then there are tanks that have threat generation and a taunt but no taunt everyone like Corso and Xalek. I tend to use companions like Corso and Xalek because whenever i cc an enemy, companions like Khem and Qyzen do the taunt everyone around them and break the cc and ruin my attacks up but if I use Corso and Xalek they are smart enough not to break the cc until it does or I do.

Veriu
04.12.2012 , 05:34 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Heniter View Post
One thing i have noticed is that there are two types of companion tank characters one type is the usual tank that has taunt and taunt everyone around them characters like Khem and Qyzen. Then there are tanks that have threat generation and a taunt but no taunt everyone like Corso and Xalek. I tend to use companions like Corso and Xalek because whenever i cc an enemy, companions like Khem and Qyzen do the taunt everyone around them and break the cc and ruin my attacks up but if I use Corso and Xalek they are smart enough not to break the cc until it does or I do.
Just so you know...taunt does not break CC.
Quote: Originally Posted by Omega View Post
Ivy league educated research scientist working on solar cell development. So yeah, I have no need to feel "accomplished" in a videogame.
Quote: Originally Posted by Omega View Post
Call me when you've got 2 written recommendations from Nobel laureates and have attended annual private functions at the White House.

Falondel
04.23.2012 , 02:07 PM | #25
I appreciate this post and the effort behind it. Something I'm looking for and can't find anywhere is what secondary stats are best for companions to make optimal gear choices, and whether it's best to stick with a particular "type" for balanced improvements or stack for optimal stats based on some priority model.

In my case, I have a 31 trooper (vanguard) who is an armormech (340 atm). Reverse engineering of green schematics reveals 3 results so far:
1. Critical (+crit)
2. Overkill (+power)
3. Redoubt (+def)

My assumption is that tanks (i.e me, M1-4X) should wear redoubt, but i'm not so sure what's better for ranged dps (i.e. Aric) or heals (i.e. Elara).. I'm inclined to use overkill for both.

Second, at level 35-41 there are more "types" in base green schematics. For heavy armor:
1. "Defense Power" = +accuracy, +absorb (head, feet); +shield, +def (hands, legs); +accuracy, +def (chest)
2. "Powered Battle" = +accuracy, +crit (head, feet, hands, legs, chest)
3. "Heavy Medic" = +power, +alacrity (head); +crit, +surge (hands)
4. "Savage Assault" = +accuracy, +power (head, feet); +power, +surge (hands, legs); +accuracy, +crit (chest)
5. "Powered Bio-Tech" = +power, +alacrity (feet, hands); +crit, +alacrity (chest); +crit, +surge (legs), +def (waist)

Again, it's fairly obvious tanks should use Defense Power, but less obvious for heals & dps.

There's many more types 40+ (i.e. alloy, environmental bastion, etc), so I won't bother to enumerate here.
Not only do these "types" vary in secondary stats across slots (both outside and within sets), they also vary in aim vs. endurance. Some set pieces have aim > end while other set pieces have end > aim. I guess the idea is they're both important so balance the two rather than just stack +aim for dps.

I know it's perhaps not worth worrying over while leveling, but this (hopefully) points to the greater question: how best equip companions. Knowing this might also save me a ton of mats/time in crafting & reverse engineering.

TheRealPyxx
04.23.2012 , 02:40 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Necodreus View Post
I applaud you effort and help you are trying to give and I don't want to give bad news but there are a lot of mistakes here, and Goshee has a listing like this already. Here is a link in the crew skills forum its the second post by goshee so it buried a lil to find. Copy that give him and the people who helped some credit and it will make that list more noticable.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=530

Edit... I tried to copy/paste that list but my phone froze when i tried lol.
Thanks for the heads up, I edited my post to reflect his post under mine. Any changes just please goto the revised list.

TheRealPyxx
04.23.2012 , 02:42 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Heniter View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Veriu View Post
Just so you know...taunt does not break CC.
No it doesn't but what he's saying is that their AOE abilities do break CC.

TheRealPyxx
04.23.2012 , 02:44 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Falondel View Post
I appreciate this post and the effort behind it. Something I'm looking for and can't find anywhere is what secondary stats are best for companions to make optimal gear choices, and whether it's best to stick with a particular "type" for balanced improvements or stack for optimal stats based on some priority model.

In my case, I have a 31 trooper (vanguard) who is an armormech (340 atm). Reverse engineering of green schematics reveals 3 results so far:
1. Critical (+crit)
2. Overkill (+power)
3. Redoubt (+def)

My assumption is that tanks (i.e me, M1-4X) should wear redoubt, but i'm not so sure what's better for ranged dps (i.e. Aric) or heals (i.e. Elara).. I'm inclined to use overkill for both.

Second, at level 35-41 there are more "types" in base green schematics. For heavy armor:
1. "Defense Power" = +accuracy, +absorb (head, feet); +shield, +def (hands, legs); +accuracy, +def (chest)
2. "Powered Battle" = +accuracy, +crit (head, feet, hands, legs, chest)
3. "Heavy Medic" = +power, +alacrity (head); +crit, +surge (hands)
4. "Savage Assault" = +accuracy, +power (head, feet); +power, +surge (hands, legs); +accuracy, +crit (chest)
5. "Powered Bio-Tech" = +power, +alacrity (feet, hands); +crit, +alacrity (chest); +crit, +surge (legs), +def (waist)

Again, it's fairly obvious tanks should use Defense Power, but less obvious for heals & dps.

There's many more types 40+ (i.e. alloy, environmental bastion, etc), so I won't bother to enumerate here.
Not only do these "types" vary in secondary stats across slots (both outside and within sets), they also vary in aim vs. endurance. Some set pieces have aim > end while other set pieces have end > aim. I guess the idea is they're both important so balance the two rather than just stack +aim for dps.

I know it's perhaps not worth worrying over while leveling, but this (hopefully) points to the greater question: how best equip companions. Knowing this might also save me a ton of mats/time in crafting & reverse engineering.
All Trooper companions use Aim as their primary Stat. Endurance secondary. If it's a Tank then Defense Absorb, and Shield is their complimentary Stat, and if it's a healer then Crit, Surge and Alacrity.

Falondel
04.24.2012 , 07:40 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRealPyxx View Post
All Trooper companions use Aim as their primary Stat. Endurance secondary. If it's a Tank then Defense Absorb, and Shield is their complimentary Stat, and if it's a healer then Crit, Surge and Alacrity.
Are you saying even tanks should prioritize aim over end?

Are you also saying Crit > Power for healers?

What about ranged DPS (i.e. Aric)?

I thought to use www.noxxic.com as a baseline model for companion stat priorities.
1. Tanks (http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pve/troo...ty-and-details)
a. Primary - End > Aim
b. Secondary - Shield Rating = Absorption Rating > Defense (15%) > Accuracy (110%)

2. Heals (http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pve/troo...ty-and-details)
a. Primary - Aim > End
b. Secondary - Power/Tech Power > Critical Rating (30%) = Surge Rating (75%) > Alacrity

3. DPS (http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pve/troo...ty-and-details)
a. Primary - Aim > End
b. Secondary - Accuracy (110%) > Surge Rating (75%) = Critical Rating (30%) > Power/Tech Power > Alacrity

I'm interested to know if that's not accurate information.

TheRealPyxx
04.24.2012 , 01:08 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Falondel View Post
Are you saying even tanks should prioritize aim over end?

Are you also saying Crit > Power for healers?

What about ranged DPS (i.e. Aric)?

I thought to use www.noxxic.com as a baseline model for companion stat priorities.
1. Tanks (http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pve/troo...ty-and-details)
a. Primary - End > Aim
b. Secondary - Shield Rating = Absorption Rating > Defense (15%) > Accuracy (110%)

2. Heals (http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pve/troo...ty-and-details)
a. Primary - Aim > End
b. Secondary - Power/Tech Power > Critical Rating (30%) = Surge Rating (75%) > Alacrity

3. DPS (http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pve/troo...ty-and-details)
a. Primary - Aim > End
b. Secondary - Accuracy (110%) > Surge Rating (75%) = Critical Rating (30%) > Power/Tech Power > Alacrity

I'm interested to know if that's not accurate information.
If you go to your vendors for PVE looking at the Columni and Rakata Gear you will see each set for the Troopers. Compare your stats off those sets. That is what you should aim for. No pun intended.