Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch Download Issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Iamkaydog
04.24.2012 , 06:21 AM | #1
I downloaded patch 1.2.1 but when I clicked "Play", my computer froze. I left it turned off for a while and came back to it, but now when I open the launcher, it says it's attempting to download almost 12 gb worth of data, so it seems like it is trying to reinstall the entire game.

Has anyone else had this issue before?

Cerimon
04.24.2012 , 06:47 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Iamkaydog,

Please allow the game to patch itself, we have seen situations like this where it appears to be downloading a large amount but this is not the case. You should see that the patch progresses far faster than it would if 12GB was being downloaded. Please let us know if you have a persisting issue after the game patches.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

zynnloljr
04.24.2012 , 06:56 AM | #3
i have the same problem, now im downloading 12gb patch, thx alot
:sy_em pire:: sy_empire::sy_emp ire:

Papadodo
04.24.2012 , 06:56 AM | #4
happened to me also, however, the game still loading the whole 11GB ( 1GB downloaded so far).

Is there any workaround for this issue?

Iamkaydog
04.24.2012 , 07:10 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings Iamkaydog,

Please allow the game to patch itself, we have seen situations like this where it appears to be downloading a large amount but this is not the case. You should see that the patch progresses far faster than it would if 12GB was being downloaded. Please let us know if you have a persisting issue after the game patches.
It has just downloaded over a gig worth of data now, it is not "progressing far faster than it would if 12gb was being downloaded." It is running at about 700 kpbs, which is about normal for these sort of things. My download limit is relatively small, and if I have to download this entire 11gb, I will be capped, and it doesn't reset for another week.

PLEASE tell me there is a workaround for this.

riotgear
04.24.2012 , 07:13 AM | #6
Mine keeps going through an endless loop of repairing...

Iamkaydog
04.24.2012 , 07:33 AM | #7
Responses????????????

TaKe_NoTeZ
04.24.2012 , 09:33 AM | #8
Having the same issue...I'm having to download 12 gigs. At 170 k/bs this will take me all day...please find a fix for this.

TaKe_NoTeZ
04.24.2012 , 10:19 AM | #9
Bump for a reply..

Broncomen
04.24.2012 , 10:22 AM | #10
Same thing here I am in an endless loop of repairing. What the heck is going on.