Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do you respec your talent tree?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
How do you respec your talent tree?

Varaben
12.16.2011 , 08:07 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
Yeah I don't think BW should allow people to respec their advance class because we need to be held responsible for SOME decisions we make. The myriad of websites already have a ton of information on what AC does what, so there's no excuse for messing it up.

They need to implement dual spec ASAP. This was one of the most useful features added for WoW, and should be a top priority.
I agree. Changing advanced classes is a cop out. You get a pretty good feel for how the character plays after about 3-4 hours. If you don't like it, just reroll.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Vyklos
12.17.2011 , 06:37 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Atamasama View Post
The same argument can be made about your base class too. This is no different than almost every MMO out there. Disliking a class and rerolling is normal. Allowing someone to switch their class and suddenly be a high level character with a class that they no experience with is a bad idea.
Go check Rift for a while. Youll be surprised how amazingly covered is this dual spec thing. 5x specs in one character. you have to pay em but oh well. at least you dont have to be permaleveling alts.

Vyklos
12.17.2011 , 06:40 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
I agree. Changing advanced classes is a cop out. You get a pretty good feel for how the character plays after about 3-4 hours. If you don't like it, just reroll.
Wich is just lame. I dont know about you, but i certainly DISLIKE repeating the same content once and again.

Also, i dont think you get the feeling of the diferences between a sith assasin or sorcerer to have an example. Both are too diferent.

KaiLunn
12.17.2011 , 07:06 AM | #14
Even after you pick your AC, your specs may have nothing to do with each other. For instance, In JS/SM, you have Watchman/Annihilation, Carnage/Combat, and Focus/Rage. After playing the first two, I can tell you that Watchman and Combat do not play the same at all.

And in both, you have to get to about 20 before the core abilities of the specs start to kick in. Combat/Carnage rely on Ataru, for instance, which you can't get before 20.

EQ2 did something similar to the advanced class thing here, and because of the confusion and problems they caused, they ended up moving to selecting your end class at first level.

If ACs worked a bit more like talent specs, it would be one thing. But this system seems to confuse people. I wasn't, but I dig into details like that.

-Kai-Lunn
People, including me, will complain about anything. If BioWare sent us all $100 in thanks for playing TOR, inevitably someone would complain about how the bill was folded or if it was new enough to include the lastest anti-forgery options. That said, I prefer mine folded in half, and with all the neat bells and whistles.