Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

IA Sniper or Trooper Vanguard?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
IA Sniper or Trooper Vanguard?

BravoCommando
12.15.2011 , 06:42 PM | #1
I can't really decide between the two of these. I think I would prefer the fighting style of the Sniper, but I would enjoy the Vanguard's story and companions. Any suggestions on which I should choose, or should I just roll both?
Thanks

Evuke
12.15.2011 , 06:55 PM | #2
if cover doesn't bother you go sniper, the ia's story is probably the best one in the game imo

unfortunately i can't stand cover, so i went vanguard

BravoCommando
12.15.2011 , 07:27 PM | #3
Thanks a lot. I didn't know much about the snipers story, so that helped a bit. I think I'll roll Sniper first, and start a Vanguard if I don't like the cover system, or once I'm at 40+.

Amarath
12.16.2011 , 10:04 PM | #4
On the counter troopers are my fav storyline . Very good. And they gotz aoe damages

Havenstone
12.17.2011 , 01:29 AM | #5
They both have very solid storylines, and the first two characters I've made are an IA and a Trooper. Sniper and Vanguard are very different beasts however, so just know what you're letting yourself in for, mechanic-wise.

I'm working on getting a Smuggler in-play, which was the first class I wanted to play. The reason it's taken me this long to get to the Smuggler is that the other two are that good.

Chomag
12.17.2011 , 05:51 AM | #6
So...you want to choose between a range class and a melee one. Sorry but vanguard troopers are melee as they do most of their damage at close range. A vanguard who plays ranged only will be bad trooper.
Hard mode: Play Republic
Nightmare mode: Play Republic on a pvp server
Are you man enough for the challenge ? Aunt Satele wants YOU.
Republic. No kids allowed.