Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BH/trooper getting boned in 1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
BH/trooper getting boned in 1.2

Macroecon
04.07.2012 , 02:56 AM | #121
It doesn't matter. You can tell from the decreasing rate of actual changes to the classes in recent 1.2 iterations that the current state of rules changes in 1.2 is pretty much what we are going to get. From here on out, changes in 1.2 are primarily going to be bug fixes.

And don't expect anything dramatic in 1.2x patches either. It is going to be politically untenable for BW to make class balance changes in the middle of Season One. And there won't be enough ingame data collected to make changes in the "Preseason". For better or worse, 1.2 is pretty much what ToR class (im)balance is going to look like for the next 4-5 months.

Rischardo
04.07.2012 , 10:36 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by radbass View Post
the unique trait of assassin tanks is higher dps than other tanks. they're ASSASSINS. and thats not what this thread is about redmarx. go troll somewhere else.
While I agree that lowering DPS by 50% would be outrageous, your argument hardly holds up. If you played pub side, you couldn't say "they're SHADOWS" or something like that.

I've heard some people say that Assassins/Shadows are the strongest tanks in the game right now. It seems like your special benefit is avoidance over mitigation. Being able to DPS better than Powertech and Jug tanks should not be your "unique trait" as it so much better than being a ranged tank or a cooldown tank.

Drexorn
04.12.2012 , 08:28 PM | #123
I've been pvping most of today, and really haven't noticed that much of a decrease in my damage. I'm using unload a lot more than I did before, but overall i'm doing quite well with the same spec i had before (8/6/27)

vibenode
04.13.2012 , 05:46 AM | #124
I play Vanguard/PT and No way has my damage dropped. I really dislike whyen people state things as fact they know nothing about. Had 629k DMG in a Voidstar yesterday, hardly call that a nerf bro's.

Yes I agree with Sin/Shadows tho. There is no counter class or counter-play to them at all. The Tanky/DoT hybrids are owning every class period. Pre 1.2 I knew this Sin who got immortal (9 medals) in the first 1min 30 secs of play while for some pure DPS classes this was next to impossible over a whole game. Its alright saying that "they are ASSASINS they are supposed to be hard", but at the end of the day it is just a class name, and the classes should be as balanced as possible. I may be able to still do insane burst as assault spec / pyro but I crumple like paper when focussed, pure glass cannon. When you see Shadow hybrids doing a 1v3 and winning you know there is something wrong there.

radbass
04.13.2012 , 02:01 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by vibenode View Post
I play Vanguard/PT and No way has my damage dropped. I really dislike whyen people state things as fact they know nothing about. Had 629k DMG in a Voidstar yesterday, hardly call that a nerf bro's.

Yes I agree with Sin/Shadows tho. There is no counter class or counter-play to them at all. The Tanky/DoT hybrids are owning every class period. Pre 1.2 I knew this Sin who got immortal (9 medals) in the first 1min 30 secs of play while for some pure DPS classes this was next to impossible over a whole game. Its alright saying that "they are ASSASINS they are supposed to be hard", but at the end of the day it is just a class name, and the classes should be as balanced as possible. I may be able to still do insane burst as assault spec / pyro but I crumple like paper when focussed, pure glass cannon. When you see Shadow hybrids doing a 1v3 and winning you know there is something wrong there.
idk how many times i have to say this is NOT an assassin qq thread... but fine.

the fault does not lie with the assassin class. people are owning by WEARING DPS GEAR as a tank (btw im a tank, and i wear tank gear.)

ANY class can wear dps gear as a tank. The GEAR people are using does not justify a nerf to the CLASS. it is very dangerous to mess with tanking trees. very small adjustments can make tanks VERY useless in pve. and yes i know this is a pvp forum but you CANT break half of the game in order to fix the other half.

if a sniper wears enforcer gear (for operatives) should we nerf that class because the gear makes him less squishy than intended? it is an inane argument.

MMornard
04.13.2012 , 06:13 PM | #126
I got my Jedi Knight up to level 50 without getting to bone anybody because I didn't want to flirt with my apprentice.

DarthVallik
04.13.2012 , 07:33 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by radbass View Post
they are also increasing the channel time for tracer and i think i read that they are adding a short cooldown to "encourage more diversity in the playstyle" or some bs.

my point exactly is that the arsenal tree still requires the spamming of tracer. which means a 10% tracer nerf is a 10% nerf to the entire spec.
no... just no.....

* -3% crit absoutly a nerf ( but in line with everyone else)

* -10% tracer dmg yea bad but more unloads which DOES MORE DMG THAN TRACER is more heat effective and looks a hell of alot cooler

* +10% heat seeker dmg (13% really due to heat sigs) so 5k medals in wz's easy as pie

* Jet booste is a pretty big PVP nerf the sky isnt falling just tracer spammers wont be as effective but overall we are higher dmg in PVE and the same just different in PVP

* 5% less shield another father large PVP nerf meh in PVE

unless the claims of larger than 10% reduction of tracer are true but i havnt had much chance to test yet

Quote: Originally Posted by Faat View Post
Just do some maths : With adrenals, relic, +25% crit buff, getting 3 procs in a row (4 HiBs (4k+ crit) + incendiary DoTs + assault plastique (4k crit) + SS (2.5k crit) + 2 IPs (2k crit)) = approx. 25k + damage in approx. 7 GCD. OP.

People here are looking at this like it's completely gonna kill the spec. It's not.
merc could do the same dmg tracer tracer tracer (average 3.5k crit) heatseeker 4.5k crit unload 7-8k crit 22k dmg with crits with only one proc

and those numbers are conservative pre 1.2 i would hit 4k tracers and easily break 3k on an unload crit and did occasionally break 5k on heatseeker

tracer unload tracer unload heatseeker 3.5 + 8k + 3.5 + 8k +4k more likely in 1.2 now for even more dmg

so its exactly the same possibility of stupid burst which if anything had been increased on the merc but lowered on the PT

the PT change basically makes 1v1 the same double RS crit + crit TD + dots its good game most of the time anyway all the change does it lower the PT's ability to fight for long periods of time due to heat

Totally off topic

I wish they made flamethrower on the run after a proc from immolate or something then AP would be an awesome line

HollowVamp
04.13.2012 , 10:40 PM | #128
the nerf was justified, thats what happens to fotm classes, every mmo does it
It's not the GREAT who are STRONG
It's the STRONG who are GREAT

Sserratus
04.15.2012 , 12:48 PM | #129
My biggest problem with the tracer missile nerf is both the fact that they increased the heat cost and removed the fact that you could use another BHs heat sigs as well due to the fact that in raids that came in very handy. You could increase the dmg you do to your target by having another arsenal BH in your raid group. I know in PVP it would seem unfair but I believe that raiders got slightly screwed over. Nothing you can't work out though. And everyone whining about Pyrotech's heat building up too quickly what did you expect. Pyrotech is more designed towards pvp due to its mobility, burst damage, and instant cast abilities. Also if your heat keeps maxing out then you need to find a new more heat friendly rotation.