Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guild Bank. No Tax system for guild members.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Guild Bank. No Tax system for guild members.

Fumanchu_Fow
04.13.2012 , 07:39 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Ultimas View Post
Who said I wasn't making credits? I make a ton of credits running dailies and selling UWT mats on the GTN. You ran into new content without actual strategy or positioning in mind? Yeah, I would have to agree with your CAPS then, especially after four different runs. Turns out all of your "hard-earned" credits go toward making up for your inability to play.

And with that the servers are back up, so I'm done. Enjoy mediocrity
I'm sure everyone on the fleet is missing your leet dance skills while you stand there all day not actually doing anything.

Butvi_Lansim-Zur
04.25.2013 , 03:53 PM | #32
We're discussiong on a taxation system since the bank launch but never has been said by dev. so... I'd like to read some of their aswers. A tax system is cool, is a way to quest together, can be use for repir or whatever guilds want.

Wanna you give it us?

I'd really love it - as many other want - but dev don't say anything: are there any reason why you won't insert it in the game?

If so, please, tell us
La Repubblica ha bisogno di te!
Non voltarle le spalle!
Galactic Rebirth

DarthFamine
04.25.2013 , 04:04 PM | #33
do it, do it now!
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

XuShaBi
04.25.2013 , 08:17 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Sparklehorse View Post
This needs to be implemented and done properly.

The way to make it work, without pissing people off is to have a percentage of all gold/credit drops automatically generated specifically for guild bank purposes.

Basically, exactly like WoW's system. Yes I said it.

Here's how it works.

If a mob is designed to drop 200 credits on a kill, it would now drop 220 credits and the 20 goes directly to the guild bank.

This is the only taxation system I have ever seen work without causing stress within guilds. It's automatic and it's fair.

So 2 things.

Make it Zero Loss for the player.

Make it zero maintenance for the officers/GM's.

You now have a winning taxation system.
Not sure I completely understand this system but it appears to me that player is still making a loss - unless the 20 credit increase is associated with player being guilded rather than a general increase.

XuShaBi
04.25.2013 , 08:19 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by VegaPhone View Post
In a way, a guild leader puts a lot of time to organize events, teams, and other activities, and in some cases I can understand why a guild leader deserves a bigger take... however, that's not the case for all guilds, and therefore some guilds can lure people into something for their own profit also hurting the economy by inflating it with more money by design but for their own personal gain instead for others (who need to also benefit since prices will go higher with this system).
Being a guild leader automatically gives you significant power in your guild. You don't need to reward them more than that.

Mayeh
04.25.2013 , 08:33 PM | #36
The system in WarHammer worked well. 0 to 100% of the money drops off mobs went into the guild bank, the tax rate was set by the GM. No extra money was created, and you got to keep everything you made from quests and selling stuff. The money was used for upkeep and upgrades of forts your guild held.

Blankstare
04.25.2013 , 08:36 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by XuShaBi View Post
Not sure I completely understand this system but it appears to me that player is still making a loss - unless the 20 credit increase is associated with player being guilded rather than a general increase.
The creds that you or I would see, guilded or not, would be the exact same. If I am in a guild, and you arent, and a mob is supposed to drop 500c, then each of us would get 500c. The only difference is that, since I am in a guild, the game would recognize this and drop and additional 50c into my guild's bank. The guild is building creds for mobs I kill or quests I turn in without physically taking any of those creds from me.

For Example:

My creds - 1,000,000
My GB creds - 10,000,000
Your creds - 1,000,000

You and I each kill the same mob and are rewarded with 500c. The totals in our accounts would now be:

My creds - 1,000,500
My GB creds - 10,000,050
Your creds - 1,000,500

That's how I understand that original suggestion you quoted.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.

- Thorin Oakenshield

astrobearx
04.25.2013 , 09:08 PM | #38
no taxation without representation!!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Because Bioware won't let my have the Jewel of the Dark Side, which would amplify my powers and allow me to take control of the galaxy in my bid for a tyrannical dictatorship.
Poo-doo.

Retsopmi
04.25.2013 , 09:14 PM | #39
Taking a portion of player drops is stupid.

They need to take the Rift idea of a Tithe. Pretty much a certain % of what drops gets put in the guild bank. The player doesn't see any difference. If the mob was gonna give them 100credits and the tithe % is 25%, then he still gets his 100cr and the bank gets 25cr.

This way players are rewarded for farming instead of being hindered.

Can't use the word Tax. Tax means taking from the player to fund the guild. Have to use the word Tithe or something similar.

Mayeh
04.25.2013 , 09:32 PM | #40
More people on the "I want free credits for my guild" bandwagon.