Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Jedi Knight, and Sith Warrior classes need a huge buff.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
The Jedi Knight, and Sith Warrior classes need a huge buff.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

kadaster
02.24.2012 , 02:31 PM | #661
i have a Jedi knight sentinel character and a jedi consular shadow character and it's obvious the the jedi shadow is far far stronger then the jedi sentinal.

i can hardly beat elites with my sentinel and have to use all my cd's, potions, relic, etc to do so.

on my jedi shadow character i can beat CHAMPION class npc's without much trouble.

sith warriors and jedi knights need a pritty big buff to be equel to the other classes
Grow old...or die trying

Aresnar
02.25.2012 , 12:04 AM | #662
Posting mainly to subscribe as I am only level 12 or so Jugg and lvl JK but it has been an interesting thread.

mikiali
02.26.2012 , 02:58 PM | #663
Quote: Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
I'd say, from my experience as a lvl 43 Sniper, 40+ Juggernauts, Marauders and Powertechs are my worst nightmares... They simply outlive whatever I can throw at them... Heck Powertechs and Juggernauts can just waltz through my friendlies straight to me, down me and then strut around for quite a while before hitting the dirt, with only exception is me getting a good healing or pulling out a good knockback down the ledge or having them get zerged down hardcore.

Maras are particularly depressing with Obfuscate, Undying Rage and Saber Ward... just can't touch them. Their stealth only adds insult to injury.

Assassins, Ops and Sorcs are much easier - at least you can nuke them down, if they go Rambo on you. I also find it much easier to run away from those.

Snipers and Arsenal Mercs are not much of a threat really, just because if you are at a disadvantage you can simply LoS and run away FTW or just wait until they get zerged down...

Basically over my history of PvP, warriors climbed from "lol free kill" status to something I don't even target anymore, because it is pointless and with all the firepower I need to down one, I would probably kill 2 Sorcs/Sins.

Mark my words, in 1-2 months you will see a whole *****torm of QQ threads about Warriors, they gain power later on at alarming rates.
as a marauder i have to agree with this. if you are having problems in pvp you are doing somthing wrong, you are NOT a tank, so dont rush into mobs of 3-4 ppl and expect to live, instead let a tank grab agro than go in and harass the back end (healers/ranged classes) i constantly get upwards of 200+K dmg in warzones so our damage is fine the only thing i would like to see is some kind of cc for maras. otherwise we are fine

bahugboto
02.26.2012 , 03:01 PM | #664
Quote: Originally Posted by mikiali View Post
as a marauder i have to agree with this. if you are having problems in pvp you are doing somthing wrong, you are NOT a tank, so dont rush into mobs of 3-4 ppl and expect to live, instead let a tank grab agro than go in and harass the back end (healers/ranged classes) i constantly get upwards of 200+K dmg in warzones so our damage is fine the only thing i would like to see is some kind of cc for maras. otherwise we are fine
As a marauder you are expected to get at least 300K+ every-time especially in battlemaster gears or you should just quit pvping, it's not about how much dps you can do, that's just part of the aspect of pvping.

furiousferret
02.27.2012 , 01:23 AM | #665
I wont go over pve content as much but it does seem the class doesn't do as well, I didn't have many issues, but then again I pvp'ed so much I was always 5 levels over the content.

Its not that the class is overly weak per se but the dynamics of the game;
  • 4 ranged classes
  • 2 stealth classes
  • 2 melee classes

In any mmo, there's the middle zerg and ranged players on each side, safely away from each other. Both stealth classes are opportunistic so they can avoid that middle zerg, and with aoe breaking stealth many avoid it. So you basically have 3 melee fighting it out and 6 ranged classes destroying them. In addition the ranged classes were given enough survivability that they can cover each other if a melee attacks.

I'm usually tops in deaths in every battleground; and its usually because I'm the only one that has to get in the danger zone to put out dps. I could be more tactical about it; but imo, tactical means ignoring objectives and farming. I do okay in the medal count but medals are easy for our class.

Its not our dps that struggles but our survivability. We need something to keep us alive a tad bit longer. Since the objective zerg is so small we are usually the primary targets and go down a lot fast than we should.

If they had stats on it I'd say Jugg's and mara's are cc'ed at least 5x more than any class. They give range all these tools to combat melee but they outnumber melee drastically so you end up as a pinball cc machine.

MrGhostbuster
04.07.2012 , 02:06 PM | #666
I don't have a whole lot of experience playing MMO games, so I can't spout off a lot of impressive class stats and the What I can say however is that I play both a Jedi Guardian and a Commando in The Old Republic and words cannot describe how frustrating playing as my Guardian. I have to be 2-3 levels above the level of the quest just to play it normally and leveling has become such a grind that it's no longer fun, its more like a job. Especially when you end up completing every quest on a planet and desperately sc****** the bottom of the barrel for a few more experience points.

My Jedi Knight was my first character I played him until around level 20 or 25 and then created a Trooper character. I was completely blown away at how much easier the game was. I no longer had to stock up on thousands of dollars worth of medpacs and stims just to beat the end boss of a side mission. The game was fun again.

statistx
04.08.2012 , 06:33 AM | #667
Sith Marauder here.
I can't compare to other classes...yet... so i only can say that i don't have a lot of the difficulties that are mentioned here, also only talking about PvE.

with the healer NPC (Quinn) you are nearly invulnerable and since i want to raise affection with a certain sorcerer (not spoiling, if anyone doesn't know who) in my group, i still can do the missions with no issues, EXCEPT that i have to use my healing outside combat ability after every 1-2 groups.
That ability where you can vanish and instantly put your threat level down is a biiiiig help, i deal damage, when it gets close i vanish and let them attack my NPC while still tossing out attacks for a while, getting ignored by the NPC i attack.

I'd say you have to play very tactical...decide who to kill first, when to lower your threat level and even more when you get the ability that halves your HP, but gives you 99% defense. That one often saved my *** against those golden NPCs

one time in a heroic 4 quest i accidentally targeted the CCd golden enemy instead of the silver one i had to defeat and still managed to kill both of them, while the rest of the group was busy with 3 other enemies.
Sure that time i got some healing buffs from another player 3-4 times, but I'd say that was pretty tanklike, even though the class is no tank.

So in the words of my character "I didn't even break a sweat" ^^