Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

May Not be Game Breaking but..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
May Not be Game Breaking but..

Kalfear
04.02.2012 , 05:16 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Jackobite View Post
Its a nasty circle, you have bad gear so you fight lower lvl mobs ... who drop bad gear for you.

Orange gear is a way to go, even better if you want to try cybertech (make your own mods) but you can buy mods for as little as 2 commendations, moving into the 23/35 zone does seem to be a hard time all I can suggest is you do as many quests as possible,

On some planets (Hoth comes to mind) there are also vendors who will sell weapons and armor, expensive but its a way to go.
Quote: Originally Posted by Vahzl View Post
Or Artificing!
heh or both!

I personally (as I keep saying) play this game as a single player game so I do ALL Crafts.

Sub lvl 30 it was a huge pain and I usually ended up buying mods and armor from commendations but once I hit Tatttoine the money started rolling in so I could fund multiple characters crew skills!

The 3 most important (As I think) are:

1) Cybertech (cant figure out why they get Armor plates (shouldnt the armor plates be armor tech???) and mods and earpeices but its the most complete one)

2) Artificer (Hilts, crystals, enhancements, sheilds, focuses, what more could you ask for???)

3) Armortech (most companions require this crew skill for equiping and even Jedi Knights can have orange gear made for them from this craft)

All the rest are secondary crew skills of lesser importance but I rank those as

4) Biochem (better meds and stims)

5) Weapontech (most weapons you use are moddable so this isnt high importance but the barrells are nice if you need (tho can easily be boought with commendations) and for Republic Qyzen (Jedi Consular) Techblade is made from this craft.

6) Synchweaving. (Its useful if your jedi consular male character but otherwise Armortech can make your heavy and medium moddable armor (just not jedi robe appearence) and female jedi cons/sith inq can buy full moddable sets of social armor after gaining only 10 social points (first set sold on coruscant or Dromman Kass).
In regards to lessening F2P and Preferred restrictions
In GAMING, as in LIFE,
You get what you pay for
No game restriction is so dire that $15.00/month will not eliminate it