Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Disable windows button

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

FeiJai
03.03.2012 , 03:07 AM | #1
Hope that an option to disable the windows button is available, or will be available in the near future. Nothing worse when PVPing and then accidentally hitting the windows button. Always ends up coming back to a dead toon.

Sevon_Nefarious
03.03.2012 , 03:22 AM | #2
If your computer can handle it during pvp, run the game in "Fullscreen (windowed)" mode. It's not exactly what your asking for, but at least it tunes down the annoyance factor by a large factor.

Lsheistaon
03.03.2012 , 03:22 AM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi FeiJai,

Thank you for the suggestion. I would ask that you always submit your suggestions, both positive and negative here.

Thanks

Lsheistaon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Dosvor
03.03.2012 , 03:28 AM | #4
Use a spoon and pop the button off your keyboard. No worries then
--Thread Killer--

Gangrel
03.03.2012 , 04:56 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by FeiJai View Post
Hope that an option to disable the windows button is available, or will be available in the near future. Nothing worse when PVPing and then accidentally hitting the windows button. Always ends up coming back to a dead toon.
http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-...d-windows-key/

Even with it disabled, you can still bring up the start menu by pressing Ctrl + Esc if i remember correctly.

Or you can remove the actual key itself, or using a keyboard layout maker you can make your own custom keyboard setup, minus the windows key obviously! (hell you could make it so that every key was "A" if you wanted).

Side note: Never heard of a game to disable the windows key itself... which is why *some* gaming keyboards tend to have a manual switch for it.
1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
4) I have seen more intellegence from an NPC AI in TR beta, than from most MMO players.

Rockaday
03.22.2012 , 10:34 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Gangrel View Post
Side note: Never heard of a game to disable the windows key itself... which is why *some* gaming keyboards tend to have a manual switch for it.
Starcraft 2 allows you to disable windows key in options menu. I believe I've seen it in other games too. Definitely a good feature, should be in SWTOR.

Sippix
03.23.2012 , 01:39 AM | #7
Ever since the Windows key was implemented, I've removed it from my keyboards. Just use a pocket knife, steak nife, fillet knife, butter knife, bowie knife, bayonet or anything flat and structurally rigid. Do not use dynomite, hand grenades, maces, shotguns, killer rabbits or metro buses.
Mayhem Legacy
Jugg_Karatê Guard_C'mon-seriously Sorc_Hawt-dawts Sage_Snüggle
Op_Mcstabbs Scoundrel_Hawt-shawt Mara_Bönerfärt Sent_Feelings
PT_T-wrexx Sniper_Lazorbeemz Merc_Trüst Sin_Kung-fü