Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

hard copy code

bazthefish
12.14.2011 , 01:24 PM | #1
now then - ive sorted out what code im supposed to be using when im up and running but, lets say im invited for early access on the 17th dec, that is when i can, apparently, pick up my hard copy of the game (CE version if that makes any diff) - so im all happy and start installing the game from the disks - now then -

will it ask for the game code when i install,and if it does do i enter the game code or will it just go straight through and start playing, waiting until the 20th when i will have to enter the game code?

im asking coz i dont want to enter the game code when i didnt need to and end up in a right mess fsr and have to spend hours trying to get through to customer support

did bioware actually forsee these kind of issues and if they did why didnt they produce posts fully explaining them

Hextor
12.14.2011 , 01:27 PM | #2
Enter the game code on December 19th or 20th if your worried. You won't need to have it entered to play until the 20th.

Aieny
12.14.2011 , 01:28 PM | #3
You should be directed to enter the code on your account. After December 20, the launcher will alert you there is no active subscription, which will link you to your account page.

Otherwise, you can enter the code on your account as soon as you have the code in hand to get access to your items.

Rulyen
12.14.2011 , 01:28 PM | #4
If I understand you correctly, you're under the assumption that EGA allows you to go pick up your hard copy of the game from a retailer the day you get your email?

If so, that's not how this works. You can digitally download and patch your game as of now, so long as your pre-order code is activated. When you get your EGA email, all that is telling you is you have been cleared to log in and play the game until EGA ends on Monday evening (11:59 CST I believe, don't quote me). On the 20th, you will have to pick up your retail, hard copy of the game and redeem the product activation code, set up your account payment info, and then be able to log into the game, once again, and pick up where you left your characters prior to EGA ending.

bazthefish
12.15.2011 , 03:10 PM | #5
just got my email inviting me to EGA and it states on there that -

Have a Product Registration Code?
If you redeem a Product Registration Code during Early Game Access, your 30 days of included game time will not begin until the game officially launches on December 20, 2011, 12:01AM EST (Pacific: December 19th, 9:01PM PST; European: December 20th, 05:01AM GMT, 06:01AM CET).

Visit the FAQ for more info.

so i can put the product code in when i install the game from the disks and it should run as it should

thz for help guys anyway - much appreciated