Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

George Lucas rumored to be erasing original trilogy (and he should).

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
George Lucas rumored to be erasing original trilogy (and he should).

SDFX's Avatar


SDFX
02.05.2012 , 11:54 PM | #181
When it comes down to it George Lucas owns the IP. He can erase the original story all the way back to the begining to reboot the franchise and do six whole new movies if he wants to. Who am I to argue? He is a billion dollar idea man. I am just someone that paid to see his films and read the messy EU books.

He might do it to strike at the world. He might do it because he wants to meet some new artistic vision or clean up the deacades worth of accumulated mess currently called continuity. Maybe its a money thing or some combination of it all. It doesn't matter.

What he can't do is kill the childhood dreams and story that resulted from his work back then. Regardless of if I buy into any new material. I guess, somewhere along the way in me it became my story rather than his and I can do with it what I want to, too. lol.

acsith's Avatar


acsith
02.06.2012 , 12:25 AM | #182
Quote:
So you never actually read the book. Your credibility is decreasing by the second

Just dont care anymore not that important. Just a pointless argument. I should have never even posted in the first place. I could have just let it go.

PeepsMcJuggs's Avatar


PeepsMcJuggs
02.06.2012 , 12:33 AM | #183
Quote: Originally Posted by acsith View Post
I never said he was perfect, and its fine the book was written with qoutes from him. You can find qoutes written every where and some may be qoutes from him some not. I can write a quote for you now and say it is from him. I geuss its not possible for someone who writes a book to be fallible.

Your resorting to name calling and you say im being stupid and ignorant. Childish, does it really matter so much that you have to get that angry.
You really don't get it. I mean you fundamentally don't understand. Every direct quote the author uses is cited and referenced, because if an author uses direct quotes that a person did not actually say, then they can be immediately sued for libel, and no publisher would touch that book with a ten-foot pole. Bottom line: you can't publish a false quote and claim it's from him. It's illegal.

Quote: Originally Posted by acsith View Post
On the subject of the other qeustion, you cant change what you wrote first and you assumed I was asking so I could tell you you have no right to have a opinion. Everyone deserves the right to a opinion .Was just asking a qeustion all you had to do was awnser that qeustion. Instead you made an assumption about why I was asking.
It's ironic you'd call me childish then follow up with this. I admitted I was mistaken and answered your question. The mature thing to do would be to acknowledge that and stop carrying on about it.

Quote: Originally Posted by SDFX View Post
When it comes down to it George Lucas owns the IP. He can erase the original story all the way back to the begining to reboot the franchise and do six whole new movies if he wants to. Who am I to argue? He is a billion dollar idea man. I am just someone that paid to see his films and read the messy EU books.

He might do it to strike at the world. He might do it because he wants to meet some new artistic vision or clean up the deacades worth of accumulated mess currently called continuity. Maybe its a money thing or some combination of it all. It doesn't matter.

What he can't do is kill the childhood dreams and story that resulted from his work back then. Regardless of if I buy into any new material. I guess, somewhere along the way in me it became my story rather than his and I can do with it what I want to, too. lol.
I agree with you on this. My key frustration has been his refusal to allow remastering and distribution of the original films, especially considering professional film historians have offered to do it for free to prevent loss of a core piece of cinematic history.
"Making the internet a happier place, one infraction at a time."

Renzetsu's Avatar


Renzetsu
02.06.2012 , 12:59 AM | #184
erased it! it was crap anyway!
Quote: Originally Posted by Stejo View Post
The biodrones are just amazing. It doesn't matter what you complain about. You could be complaining that the game is so awesome that you can't stop playing it. Long as it's a complaint they'll swarm the thread and turn day into night.

Slemfiskz's Avatar


Slemfiskz
02.09.2012 , 09:58 PM | #185
who cares bout this , seriously, ofcourse its fake , i doubt only 1 person would type an article like that on a useless page like its taken from, its someone hating on star wars, and really... care...

GlaDOSowen's Avatar


GlaDOSowen
02.09.2012 , 10:56 PM | #186
Who believes this...seriously...
<The Bastion>
Kaiserssk - Sniper

Amaste's Avatar


Amaste
02.10.2012 , 10:42 AM | #187
There wouldnt be an insurance company in the world that would take him after star wars nerds burned down skywalker ranch in anger over that. <_< lol
.: The Unlucky Dücks :.
The Harbinger
"If it isn't drunk healing, it isn't Dück healing."

internaty's Avatar


internaty
02.10.2012 , 11:48 AM | #188
Quote: Originally Posted by loudent View Post
there's an interesting article over a rumor that George Lucas intends to undo the events in the original trilogy and that he should).

The idaa is that some bounty hunters develop time traveling technology and go back and prevent anakin from becoming Darth Vader. I'm assuming this also prevents Palpatine's plans to come to fruition.

Read more here:
How George Lucas May Erase "Star Wars"
I say do it.
Kill star wars.
knowledge is power.
use it well.

Good players take any and all advantages they can get, actually. It's why they are good.