Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What class does the highest dps in pve?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
What class does the highest dps in pve?

Seurot
02.08.2012 , 11:13 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by RedMix View Post
Sniper / Gunslinger

Operative / Scoundrel

Marauder / Sentinel

Feel confident in that top 3 order, everything else is pretty even as far as DPS specs go.

Op/Sco has the higher upfront damage but sniper specs have long term consistency and less CD's or positioning requirements.
Definetly not operative if you're talking about sustained DPS on a boss.
bit if were talking about lower HP trash mobs, than yes, operative short term burst works well.

dargor-
02.08.2012 , 12:36 PM | #22
The one not standing in fire.
Quote: Originally Posted by Creslan
And PVP hardcores are second class citizens. You're like the guest that won't leave and can't take a hint your not wanted so you just hang around making it miserable for everyone else at the party.
Indeed.

GeoLager
02.08.2012 , 01:04 PM | #23
Probably sorc just because right now resource management for them isn't really a concern so they can sustain longer.

Even mercs/commandos have to be weary of heat/ammo.

Operative/sniper/scoundrel/gunslinger is the biggest resource balancing act in the game right now. If you drop below half your energy you are in a critical mass state and will see a big fall off in damage.

genesiser
02.08.2012 , 01:06 PM | #24
On enemies that do NOT have a block mechanic, I'd say a gunslinger/sniper and sentinel/marauder. (yes, enemies in pve block) On enemies that DO have a block mechanic I'd say sorc/sage then commando/merc.

No matter how much accuracy you have, an enemy will have at least 20% chance to block anywhere's from 25-50% of the damage done.(if the enemy has a block mechanic) People tend to forget that enemies can and do block and it's why pure physical damage builds I.E. gunslinger and sentinel have hard times vs those targets.

DarthNorik
02.08.2012 , 01:16 PM | #25
Notice how noone mentioned an assassin in this thread Bioware(cough, hint, hint)
Peace is a lie, rejected by all our natural instincts.

Vesperr
02.08.2012 , 01:21 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthNorik View Post
Notice how noone mentioned an assassin in this thread Bioware(cough, hint, hint)
Probably because they are pretty balanced and some other classes should be brought down to their level.
>___<
I used to be a ballcarrier until I got Leg Shot in the knee.
I cant post if my playtime is over? What The Fckk?!

Mohawksinspace
02.08.2012 , 01:30 PM | #27
People are talking about combat logs like they are going to be added. Has Bioware said this?

I have got the feeling they hide a lot about their game on purpose.
Ma'iq - Sith Assassin
Darkness - Gardens of Talla
CC Tips:http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=283501

Humankeg
02.08.2012 , 02:04 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Vesperr View Post
Pyrotech powertechs - these either have huge damage or some bugs with agro because they always agro everything off me unless I put a guard on them. Mercs do very good damage with magic missiles but arent as effective if a lot of movement is required. Everyone else arent worth mentioning (or I havent met good ones, anyway combat log is required).
I play a PT dps, and I really do think I would be topping meters against others in my guild, even though I am in mostly mid range pvp/pve gear. And we do have some highly geared pve players.

hadoken
02.08.2012 , 02:58 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Mohawksinspace View Post
People are talking about combat logs like they are going to be added. Has Bioware said this?

I have got the feeling they hide a lot about their game on purpose.
We had them at one time in beta and upon their removal when questioned they said they'd be back. But that was a long time ago, too. They made a blog post about wanting to give us more tools but it was pretty vague as to what, exactly.

FieldMarshall
02.08.2012 , 03:35 PM | #30
I wish i could say Assassin/Shadow...
"Hello" -Albert Einstein