Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What class does the highest dps in pve?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
What class does the highest dps in pve?

Nitewolfe
01.12.2012 , 11:55 AM | #11
In theory there is no best dps class. BW claims that any class with a full dps spec is equal.
Until we have combat logs there is no way to tell.
Anyone claiming so and so is better is basing it off feel since there is NO hard numbers possible with out logs and a parser.

Boissi
01.12.2012 , 01:04 PM | #12
Still, from experience as a tank, just watching different classes burn down mobs, I'd say Merc, Sniper and Operative. Can't really give an order, but those are the three classes I most like to have in a random group as dps. Mercs are the most common of those three, and are almost always good dps, with the few bad exceptions.

Llebnai
01.18.2012 , 11:23 AM | #13
While logs and actual hard data are required for specificity in finding the best builds and rotations. A general consensus, based on observation, can be formed without them. Take a mob with a lot of health, have a tank do just enough to hold it in place, and have different classes take a whack at it. (Mob's Health)/(Time to Kill)=Damage Output. Yeah, it's not very accurate, but if you assume similar player skill and a large health pool on the mob, then consistent gaps should emerge between classes.

Agrajagu
02.08.2012 , 06:54 AM | #14
DPS can be checked on 4 boss in EV.

You know the HP of the mob your killing and if you use a stopwatch at the same time you can calculate afterwords.

[HP on mob]/[Time(s)] = DPS

On this boss encounter you only have to watch your roatation so if you manage that you should get a good indicator of your DPS.

Calculation that should be taken into consideration:

Classes that can give you a DPS buff for a certain ammount of time.
[NAM]Agrajag Marauder, Bloodworthy Sith Empire

Stathor
02.08.2012 , 08:06 AM | #15
I'm surprised no one said Sorcerer, mine is very low level so I wouldn't know, but it seems like that's what many people are saying.
Anyone with a 50 Sorcerer have an opinion ?

kuey
02.08.2012 , 09:15 AM | #16
I'm very surprised that a few of you are putting Ops/Scoundrels on a list of SUSTAINED DPS (as that's what the op was after, not burst damage). Sustained dps wise, they rank fairly low. They have very nice burst damage from scrapper specs, but after that they quickly fall behind. Whilst it's true that DF/Leth specs can do very agreeable damage, it's not a rate of damage that cannot be matched by other classes.

Edit: I totally forgot my "reflections" on the ops original question. Having a tank I get some measure (far from a certainty) of how well classes dps. I can tell you now that gunslingers have the ability to drop enemies very quickly (esp bosses), and I find myself using provoke a lot more often with them in my party. Aside from them, there's no real noticeable difference with the other classes aside from maybe sentinels, I've noticed Sentinels (Marauder mirror) occasionally hit very hard and pull aggro if I'm being lazy.

hadoken
02.08.2012 , 09:33 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Covalent View Post
Is any of this information based on any real numbers at all? Or is it just what you guys "feel" is the highest?

Without solid numbers to back your claims there is absolutely zero information value in this thread.
Yea pretty much it's all opinion, there is no fact here nor will there be. Loose theorycrafting based on potential from tooltips is about as bad as 'feelings'.

Vallowen
02.08.2012 , 10:32 AM | #18
we dont know for sure, until the game client is upgraded to include things like combat logs

but speculation says Snipers, Sorcerers and Mercs. I've heard PTs and Marauders are ok.

Vesperr
02.08.2012 , 10:37 AM | #19
Pyrotech powertechs - these either have huge damage or some bugs with agro because they always agro everything off me unless I put a guard on them. Mercs do very good damage with magic missiles but arent as effective if a lot of movement is required. Everyone else arent worth mentioning (or I havent met good ones, anyway combat log is required).
>___<
I used to be a ballcarrier until I got Leg Shot in the knee.
I cant post if my playtime is over? What The Fckk?!

vvp_pe
02.08.2012 , 10:42 AM | #20
my commando can consistently pull aggro in boss fights (ev/kar) if i am not careful. no other class i raid with does so (not for lack of trying)

however:

i am also pretty well geared.