Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Anyone have some INTELLIGENT advice for me?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Anyone have some INTELLIGENT advice for me?

ReiperX
12.14.2011 , 11:30 PM | #11
Since it appears to be a latency issue, how about giving us some of your network info.

What is your connection? 3G, cable, DSL? (Verizon could be DSL or 3G)
What time are you trying to play?
Do you live in a major population area?

Also the link about setting your modem up to play might be good to look at incase something is being blocked that normally isn't.

Also do you have a wireless access point, even if you aren't using it with your PC? And if so is anyone on it and is it secure?
Sith Apprentice"Master, whats for dinner"
Sith Lord "Wookie steak"
Sith Apprentice "Is it any good?"
Sith Master "It's a little chewy" .

stumpyD
12.14.2011 , 11:44 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ReiperX View Post
Since it appears to be a latency issue, how about giving us some of your network info.

What is your connection? 3G, cable, DSL? (Verizon could be DSL or 3G)
What time are you trying to play?
Do you live in a major population area?

Also the link about setting your modem up to play might be good to look at incase something is being blocked that normally isn't.

Also do you have a wireless access point, even if you aren't using it with your PC? And if so is anyone on it and is it secure?
i did say my connection type as satellite internet, the servos provider is crappy hueghsnet. the modem is stock settings and is direct connected to my mac running os x linon and windows 7 through boot camp.
idk what you mean by what time you are trying to play, but i and CST and play throughout the day and night . i will say at prime time (6-9pm CST) the lat goes way up because of so many people on the bandwidth at that time.

another thing for him to try to test if its his computer or net is copy the sw for file to a ex hard drive and get a friend that has a laptop that is know to be able to handle heavy games, to come hook up and try funning the game form the ex HD and see what happens.
Good luck
Don't forget to have FUN!

ReiperX
12.14.2011 , 11:57 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by stumpyD View Post
i did say my connection type as satellite internet, the servos provider is crappy hueghsnet. the modem..../snip
Was directed at the OP. If we knew more about his connection then we could possibly give him some additional information to look into.

Tanking with 2k ping is pretty good. I know I was doing it at 1.4k for a while when the wow servers were having issues and I was surprised that we didn't wipe, constantly doing 2k would be insane.

/bow
Sith Apprentice"Master, whats for dinner"
Sith Lord "Wookie steak"
Sith Apprentice "Is it any good?"
Sith Master "It's a little chewy" .

stumpyD
12.15.2011 , 01:39 AM | #14
[QUOTE=ReiperX;243185]Tanking with 2k ping is pretty good. I know I was doing it at 1.4k for a while when the wow servers were having issues and I was surprised that we didn't wipe, constantly doing 2k would be insane.

lol sorry idk why i though your where talking to me
and ty yea it was pretty tuff in za maily with getting agro on the mobs when your first aoe are delayed a bit and the DK throws down omg brain blank the red circle on the ground and is bursting out 15k right out the doorlol but the newer 3 are so easy as long as you learn to time everything ahead of time like boss droping purple stuff on ground of when ur going to need to taunt off other tank. it is tuff but it keeps me busy sense they made tanking so easy and you can get item lvl 378 gear with JP and then the new randoms dropping 378. oo can't can't forget that you don't need hit or exp any more just staking mastery and keeping D and P close, its a cake walk but still fun when i go some where where they have only 75 ms i get bored tanking and il hit stuff early lol
Don't forget to have FUN!