Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Credit Farmers

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jaydenn
02.01.2012 , 10:35 PM | #1
So I wrapped up to level 50 on Corellia and could not help noticing the 15-25 level 10 through level 20 players on Corellia. Every one of the ones I found were sitting in front of loot boxes farming them as they spawned.

I have sent in tickets for these chaps but don't see any GM's doing anything about these players farming credits in this manner. Can these end game planets simply be level locked so people under level 40 couldn't travel to them?

Just curious if people are seeing this on their servers too....Juyo is bad with this exploit.
Red-B'Huntin
-Bounty Hunter-/Powertech/-

Henu
02.01.2012 , 10:58 PM | #2
Yes i have reported MANY people on ilum and still nothing has been done.
I really dont see why they dont put an elite mob right next to the chest, even make the normal person fight for the chest.

BW are shooting them selves in the foot here with these chests.
Kripty / Snips

Erulinda
02.01.2012 , 11:08 PM | #3
So ? If they are camping spawn spots of lootboxes, let them ? Or stand next to the box and wait and loot it yourself....

I really don't see the problem here guys, if some dolts are willing to sit in 1 spot for an entire day to get a few boxes.... fine by me... I'll just log on my Sith and go kill 'em a few times...

I really don't see how or why you'd have to report people over this. It's not cheating, it's not exploiting and it's not using 3rd party software or keyboard macro's... so technically there is no reason for appealing or for BW to intervene...
Healing since Everquest... and yes, you are all right "It truely always IS the healers fault"

Cerimon
02.01.2012 , 11:50 PM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings All,

If you have reason to believe a player is using an automated process i.e. botting to repeatedly loot a chest then this should be reported.
If a player is sitting at his/her keyboard and manually looting a chest then no rules are being broken.

Thank You for playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

DarthDemens
02.02.2012 , 12:09 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by A4-I4 View Post
Greetings All,

If you have reason to believe a player is using an automated process i.e. botting to repeatedly loot a chest then this should be reported.
If a player is sitting at his/her keyboard and manually looting a chest then no rules are being broken.

Thank You for playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™
I did. I got 3 very nice form responses thanking me for reporting a camper. The bots are still there. One of them is pro, logs in about 5 seconds before it spawns, loots, and logs out. Had to snag a screenshot just to get the info.
Oh, great . you live on in our hearts!
Comprehensive Guide to Space Missions

CaptinQuin
02.02.2012 , 02:26 AM | #6
The characters arn't even high enough to get a shuttle. they should implement a customs system that lets you on the planet only if your within 5 or so of the minimum level. or add roaming patrollers by the chests. Its very very annoying. had the same problem in FFXI but they fixed it with Roaming Mobs. something to consider. (honestly somethign like lv 30 mob guarding a 50 chest would keep alot of the hastle away.)

DarthDemens
02.02.2012 , 04:30 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptinQuin View Post
The characters arn't even high enough to get a shuttle. they should implement a customs system that lets you on the planet only if your within 5 or so of the minimum level. or add roaming patrollers by the chests. Its very very annoying. had the same problem in FFXI but they fixed it with Roaming Mobs. something to consider. (honestly somethign like lv 30 mob guarding a 50 chest would keep alot of the hastle away.)
The problem is that it has since been changed so that you can't leave your started planet until you finish your class quests (about 10) and you can't even get into someone elses ship until you have one of your own (about 15/16).

So any level 11 or 12 currently on Ilum has been there almost since launch.
Oh, great . you live on in our hearts!
Comprehensive Guide to Space Missions

nattodaisuki
01.28.2013 , 03:18 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDemens View Post
The problem is that it has since been changed so that you can't leave your started planet until you finish your class quests (about 10) and you can't even get into someone elses ship until you have one of your own (about 15/16).

So any level 11 or 12 currently on Ilum has been there almost since launch.
^ this

Plus, Ive seen very low level (I mean starter planet level wise) characters who seemed to be under the terrain, avoiding aggro of high level Mobs nearby looting these chests all day.
My slightly over-spec Rig, built specifically for Swtor: Core i7 3820 OC'ed @4.6GHz / MSI X79A-GD65 Mobo / Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz 8GB x8 / Four 120GB 6Gb/s SSD in RAID0 / nVidia GTX Titan / Enermax Platimax 1200 watt PSU / 3 Acer HN274Hbmiiid 3D Compatible 27inch monitors. CPU and the GTX Titan are custom water-cooled.

Jayshames
01.28.2013 , 03:59 AM | #9
Adding mobs to the chests wouldn't really do anything, most of the looters have stealth, they'd probably pop out of stealth and loot the chest and then accept the death, at that level it only costs like 10 credits to repair.

Like someone else said, I really don't see why they don't add an actual requirement to the planet.

Stoofa
01.28.2013 , 04:04 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Jayshames View Post
Adding mobs to the chests wouldn't really do anything, most of the looters have stealth, they'd probably pop out of stealth and loot the chest and then accept the death, at that level it only costs like 10 credits to repair.

Like someone else said, I really don't see why they don't add an actual requirement to the planet.
I promise I have been saying this since people first started making it to Ilum!
I don't understand when a chest on Ilum simply cannot have a "Level requirement 48-50" to open it. Nobody below this level should be on the planet, they certainly aren't ready for it. Don't stop them going there, but this one simple fix would remove oh so many of the credit farmers in one fail swoop.