Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bounty hunters AKA Mercenary Nerf

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Bounty hunters AKA Mercenary Nerf

dirtyboxer
01.29.2012 , 10:21 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Vesperr View Post
Interrupt doesnt help you in that lagfest people call warzones and I'd trade mobility for wtfpwn button any day.
If you think thats what mercs/commandos got, roll one and find out. Theres no mobility at all andno interrupt which hurts us in both PVP and PVE. Grav/tracer is the main setup for the rotation of arsenal/gunnery, its going to get used alot. If your getting owned by long range DPS AFTER you let them build stacks, id say working as intended. Not to mention they have no escape ability at all, so once your on one hes dead.

Commandos and Mercs are DPS classes and they do it just fine. Stop all the whining and learn to counter it instead of getting on here crying about every class that gives you trouble.

Khalirei
01.29.2012 , 10:49 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Wildscar View Post
I would like to know why the designers felt the need to give them an iwin button aka tracer missile. It does way to much damage and takes no skill what so ever to play that class. I have full pvp gear and still get hit for over 4k from these attacks. This is ridiculous and some serious pvp balancing needs to come into play. I don't even want to get into the pvp lag on servers and the fact that you can be stunned endlessly without any diminishing returns it seems. The devs really need to step there game up in balancing.
If you want to talk about balancing how about taking away sentinel/marauder's ridiculous defensive abilities that not even it's tanking counter part has?

How about sage/inquisitor's numerous "get out of jail" abilities such as their ridiculous bubble that soaks up a large amount of damage, their force speed that gets them a quick exit out of losing fights, their instant stealth in the middle of fights and stealth camping points, all their CC and knockbacks? There's your balancing.

Tracer missile and gravity round is no different than a sniper hanging out in the back taking shots at people. If you just let him do whatever, he's gonna do whatever to your face. All it takes is one person to interrupt him, and it's game over. It can't be an iwin button if it's SO easy to counter.

Vesperr
01.29.2012 , 01:59 PM | #33
Yet another thread about mercs... Dont worry they'll be nerfed (and I hope redesigned a bit), ops caught a nerfbat so will mercs, its inevitable.

p.s. all those people who blabber about interrupt do know that they have 2 instant cast hard hitting abilities and unload which CD is resetted by tracer, to use when interrupted but they dont point it out when they talk about interrupts because they love izi modo.
p.p.s. good job dirtyboxer, repliing to 3 week old message.
>___<
I used to be a ballcarrier until I got Leg Shot in the knee.
I cant post if my playtime is over? What The Fckk?!

TyrellJonez
01.29.2012 , 02:38 PM | #34
Smugglers/IA can pick arsenal apart in seconds.

Tanks of all classes can outlast us.

Sorcerers can outrun us.

Sorry but if you die to a Merc using tracer missle its cause you think your billy bad*** and you CHOSE to fight him head on. You deserve your loss. Someone else said it, we have no interupts, 1 CC and ZERO mobility. Learn you own damn class first and quit QQing about a class you could run circles around if you stopped facerolling all over your keyboard and thought about how to beat them.
If they don't wanna see the hood in me, be satisfied when you see the good in me

Vesperr
01.29.2012 , 02:42 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by TyrellJonez View Post
Smugglers/IA can pick arsenal apart in seconds.
Thanks Captain! Now I'm certain that scounders/operatives are stunlock monsters.

Tanks of all classes can outlast us.
Thats a good one, considering that tanks mitigate minimum damage from your attacks

Sorcerers can outrun us.
Even mighty sorcs fear you so much that they have to run from you.

Good jokes mate, continue leveling you merc please.
>___<

dirtyboxer
01.29.2012 , 04:43 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Vesperr View Post
Yet another thread about mercs... Dont worry they'll be nerfed (and I hope redesigned a bit), ops caught a nerfbat so will mercs, its inevitable.

p.s. all those people who blabber about interrupt do know that they have 2 instant cast hard hitting abilities and unload which CD is resetted by tracer, to use when interrupted but they dont point it out when they talk about interrupts because they love izi modo.
p.p.s. good job dirtyboxer, repliing to 3 week old message.
We have no interrupt, no mobility, and no escapes. Not only that but you would have us with no DPS as well. Quit your crying in every single commando/merc thread. They are working as intended.

BTW this thread wasnt 3 weeks old.

Darth_Nox
01.29.2012 , 04:53 PM | #37
I swear to god people are just too stupid to let live.

Out of spite and short term thinking they would **** all over this game leaving no class with anything capable of play, over huttball.
No good deed goes unpunished.

Darpo-
01.29.2012 , 04:58 PM | #38
Is Grav Round as good as Tracer missile? (I'm a Commando.)

Vesperr
01.29.2012 , 05:10 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by dirtyboxer View Post
We have no interrupt, no mobility, and no escapes. Not only that but you would have us with no DPS as well. Quit your crying in every single commando/merc thread. They are working as intended.
You look like the one crying. Mercs are supposed to do damage but not with one magical IWIN button that requires absolutely zero skill to be effective. Dont tell me you dont want mercs to be something more than 1 button class.

p.s. Pyrotechs have even less, 4m interrupt, one 45sec gap closer (great for melee, right), rely on procs, can be kited easily, almost no range etc etc, yet notice that no one is complaining about them, no one.
>___<