Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So much for being different

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
So much for being different

Illanair
01.29.2012 , 04:08 AM | #11
There are - four classes.

Unless you break down everyone into numbers, you're going to feel like everyone is like you. No helping it.

LordPorkins
01.29.2012 , 04:09 AM | #12
I play a vanguard because I love the run and shoot style rather than stand at the back standing still shooting a big gun.

I can't say that the majority of troopers seem to be commandos though. And why aren't there as many sages or smugglers. They are both ranged dps classes.

Vallowen
01.29.2012 , 04:29 AM | #13
trooper is popular for a few reasons:

1. big *** gun. need i say more?
2. heavy armor and potential tank spec. which means longer life in pvp, and more passive defence
3. the dps is quite easy to pull off, and you get to see big numbers

augustus_rpg
01.29.2012 , 07:27 AM | #14
Most people you are playing with now are alts of guys that already got their mains to 50.

They rolled a Jedi toon first, now are trying out troopers/smugglers.

Would be my guess.

Khalirei
01.29.2012 , 10:53 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by LordPorkins View Post
I thought I would play a non-force user because the place would be full of Jedi so I rolled a trooper which I really enjoy playing.

I am only level 13 but everywhere I go I see troopers. I have played several warzones and troopers totally dominate. In one group all but one was a trooper.

Why is this? I didn't realise troopers were so popular.
That's just your server, mine has mostly jedi as always and i'm one of the few troopers. The sith, of course, is full of inquisitor ez modes.

LordPorkins
01.29.2012 , 12:02 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by augustus_rpg View Post
Most people you are playing with now are alts of guys that already got their mains to 50.

Would be my guess.
i think this is a big factor. most of them have surnames.

lineschmidt
01.29.2012 , 12:22 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by LordPorkins View Post
i think this is a big factor. most of them have surnames.
I'm sure it is

I got my op to 50 before rolling a force user alt

Qilue
01.29.2012 , 01:03 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by augustus_rpg View Post

Would be my guess.
Or sorcerers going commando?

Nigawatts
01.29.2012 , 02:21 PM | #19
Most of those Troopers are alts. People who realized how much JK/SW suck so they wanted to play one of the OP classes. Commando/Mercenary.

If you play on the Sith side there are TONS of Mercenary's in the low level zones because everyone is re-rolling one for Tracer Missile spam. When I was leveling up, there were barely any BH's online, mostly Juggs/Sorcs/Assassins.

It isn't because everyone wanted to be special so they rolled a class nobody else would. It's because all those sheep who rolled Jedi/Sith now want a class that doesn't suck.