Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Should I stick with Gunslinger

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Should I stick with Gunslinger

swagnificent
01.28.2012 , 11:19 PM | #1
I am already having doubt in the class, currently 31. So many people say they aren't that good in pvp. Should I just stop while i'm ahead or can I expect good things at 50? I would prefer someone with a gunslinger and other class at 50 for their opinions

eldisper
01.28.2012 , 11:23 PM | #2
In pvp it is all about survival , I would pick a class that you can load tons of endurance on however that does not mean that you cant have a smuggler with more endurance and a little less cunning --- get my point ? In my experience a rogue type class is good but we could also use more healers just fyi
Order,stength,power and compassion. Join now, New and pros are welcome, family friendly . I am 45 yrs old arrrrrrrg

Bivaccus
01.28.2012 , 11:38 PM | #3
People that are complaining about slingers being bad in pvp are clueless.

every class gets about the same amount of helt on the same gearlevels. Except tanks.

Barakus
01.29.2012 , 12:19 AM | #4
There is a serious lack of Smugglers in general on my server. People say they are bad at PvP only because they rely on the cover mechanic but they dish out tons of damage and can easily do top damage in every warzone if played well.

I would suggest sticking with your character and being one of the cool people that actually stuck with a class regardless of what people say about it.

Own people in PvP and prove them wrong.

Vealage
01.29.2012 , 12:29 AM | #5
Slingers and Snipers are a high talent class. They get exponentially better as you level up.

PvP isnt their strength by any means, but they are pretty deadly, and have a great burst. Alone, they are just ok. But supplementing a team, they can assist everyone and never be noticed. Just make sure you attack other people's targets if you want to keep attention off you.

In PvE the Gunslinger is a King. Definitely one of the top PvE DPS classes. Although until we get a combat log, it will be pretty hard to tell.
Master Rohim Dangala, Guildmaster of <U Mad Brosith>
Check out our recruitment page here!Contact us in-game for an invite!

[Insert whitty comment here, followed by chuckles and admiration for me.]

derekreevs
01.29.2012 , 02:12 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Vealage View Post
Slingers and Snipers are a high talent class. They get exponentially better as you level up.

PvP isnt their strength by any means, but they are pretty deadly, and have a great burst. Alone, they are just ok. But supplementing a team, they can assist everyone and never be noticed. Just make sure you attack other people's targets if you want to keep attention off you.

In PvE the Gunslinger is a King. Definitely one of the top PvE DPS classes. Although until we get a combat log, it will be pretty hard to tell.
Same to be said for the sniper? I have a 22 sniper, been thinkin about going back to him. My GS is only level 11.