Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Champions, how?

CasualDad
01.29.2012 , 10:04 AM | #1
Quick question.

I see now and again in general chat that someone has been able to solo champions their own level. I play as a Sith Juggernaut closing on 30 and am no way near able to solo a champion.

So I am very cuirous as to wich class(es) and at what level this can be done.

Cheers

Samvan
01.29.2012 , 10:05 AM | #2
Someone in general chat said that they saw a rainbow unicorn riding an elephant in Alderaan.

Yep.

Delpicy
01.29.2012 , 10:11 AM | #3
Any class that can heal. On my sage, I usually just solo Heroic 2+, and only really need a group for Heroic 4s. As long as you have a semi tankish companion (ex. Qyzen), then just supply slight effecient damage, such as DoTs, and keep up heals and shields on your companion. Although, I must say, it is probably easiest to do on a sage, never tried other healing classes.

thecoffeecup
01.29.2012 , 10:28 AM | #4
Sometimes it can be done. They have vastly different difficulty levels.

With a healing companion, it is sometimes possible to just walk up to them and DPS them down with no tricks except maybe one medpack.

Rafkin
01.29.2012 , 10:38 AM | #5
Ranged classes will always have the upper hand on soloing tough mobs (well soloing period). Healers moreso.

LyriaFrost
01.29.2012 , 11:35 AM | #6
So far I've solo'd even-level champions on:

Scoundrel (with Corso tanking)
Sorceress (with Andronikos tanking/dpsing)
Sage (Fess tanking)
Operative (Kaliyo tanking)
Mercenary (with Mako healing/dpsing a little)
Commando (with Dorne healing/dpsing a little)

It's actually quite easy, if you can heal.

namelless
01.29.2012 , 11:37 AM | #7
Yep, any class that can heal can solo champion mobs with ease. It's best to get a group if you're playing a tanking class.
Elagabalus- Sith Sorcerer(alt)
Commodus- Scoundrel(main)

ilnp
01.29.2012 , 12:32 PM | #8
I did it as jedi shadow dps, quite few of them. Get ur healing companion out and use med pacs, all cds and INTERRUPT everything. Not all are solo killable but some are.

Aerithel
01.29.2012 , 12:38 PM | #9
I had a Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow (tank) on my old server and could regularly solo on-level Heroic 2+ quests and take down most on-level Champions - it depended on what abilities these enemies had, and my being on-the-spot with interrupts. Of course, having my personal buffs up at all times was imperative, and Theran (healing companion) had moddable gear that always had the best mods available being used. Having Holiday's daze interrupt was also useful.
The Palazzo Legacy
Aerithel, Lvl.50 Marksman Sniper Celesiel, Lvl.17 Corruption Sorcerer
Selphiel, Lvl.12 Sith Assassin
Mind Trick (PvE, EST)